Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: E6 on a budget.

E6 on a budget.

Just out of curiosity how much does your local lab want for a sheet of E6. My local lab does it for $1.50 - Next day. Their C41 is a bit more and takes two days though. I have a Jobo CPE-2+ and I don't think I can even touch their E6 price.

E6 on a budget.

Labs range from $2.90 to $3.65 (Canadian dollars). The lab that is $2.90 is about half an hour from here (1 hour round trip) in decent traffic (i.e. not directly after work, maybe not lunch hour), keeps limited hours and takes a few days typically. So, to say get 10 sheets done, I am out $29 in processing and 2 hours of driving and probably 1/2 hour of waiting around. This means 2 lunches missed on top of that. I can think of a lot better things to do with my time and money. I can certainly process for lest cost and time (not to mention use time that suits me, not dashing like a madman on my lunch or after work).

I really wish there was a Tetenal dealer in Canada so I could use the 3-bath process, but importing it is not practical. I think B&H quoted $38 in shipping.

Anyway, for the next while I'll keep my eyes open for an el-cheapo CPE-2 and if that doesn't turn up, I'll maybe try spinning one manually in a tub of water.

Thanks for the help. You guys are polite, informative and helpful. If only all forums could be so good.