Hi everyone,

I've been wondering..if I were to buy a Heidelberg Tango quite far away from my home (not overseas of course)..how hard would it be to get it there?

I'm not really talking about the transport on the road but rather the fact, that they won't just deliver it directly to my room.

So how can I get this 250 kilogramm beauty into my room I don't have a forklift btw

The good thing is that there would be two ways to approach this:

1. There is a large, straight stair in front of my place and the truck could drop the scanner off directly in front of it. It's about...15 steps maybe (and each five steps a small platform to take a break) From there it's just all the way flat into the room

2. It would be possible to leave out the stairs by dropping it off about 150m away from my home. There is a long concrete walkway with no slope but with two 90° turns and limited space to move and the turns are in a slight slope.

Which way would you choose? I would clearly go for #2

But how to move this machine over the short distance (assuming it's on the pallet)? And to move 250kg off the pallet and into the right position...it doesn't have rolls on it right? And I can't just shift around this weight on parquett floor.

Is there someone who can share his/her experience with transporting this or similar scanners?

Thanks in advance

Yours,
Toby