Thread: Agfa DuoScan T2500 Service Manual?

Agfa DuoScan T2500 Service Manual?

Mine is acting up and I think I need some internal help to set it right again - overview scan looks OK but actual scan looks like a small out of focus version of what it should be - I think a mirror or lens is out of whack.
    Any thoughts or links to s service manual site (if there even is one)?

Thanks
    Andy

Re: Agfa DuoScan T2500 Service Manual?

You might try to contact Microtek, who made the scanner.

Thanks Ken - I'd forgotten that connection. Maybe Microtek has a service manual?

Hello everybody!
    I have t2500 and it has also slightly out of focus scanning result. How can i fix it? I've just cleaned it inside out of dust.
    Doe the service manual help to adjust focusing? As i've see the lenses inside were fixed with screw and glue and I'm not shure how to focus it in right position.
    Is there any ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Evgeniy View Post
    Hello everybody!
    I have t2500 and it has also slightly out of focus scanning result. How can i fix it? I've just cleaned it inside out of dust.
    Doe the service manual help to adjust focusing? As i've see the lenses inside were fixed with screw and glue and I'm not shure how to focus it in right position.
    Is there any ideas?
    Allow me to still give some input on this one. The focusing of the T2500 is something that requires very specific production tools. I can send you a picture of one of those if you want. You would need a set of two precision clocks to properly align the carriage. It is definitely something that needs to be done by the manufacturer, or at least by someone who is trained to do so. I'm sure Agfa will not be able to help you though, since they abandoned consumer digital imaging almost 15 years ago! Microtek maybe can, I'm not sure.
    The focusing of the T2500 is extremely difficult, I must admit. The lenses are of very good quality, but the depth of field is so narrow it's almost a miracle you get a sharp scan in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by The Deer Gunter View Post
    Allow me to still give some input on this one. The focusing of the T2500 is something that requires very specific production tools. I can send you a picture of one of those if you want. You would need a set of two precision clocks to properly align the carriage. It is definitely something that needs to be done by the manufacturer, or at least by someone who is trained to do so. I'm sure Agfa will not be able to help you though, since they abandoned consumer digital imaging almost 15 years ago! Microtek maybe can, I'm not sure.
    The focusing of the T2500 is extremely difficult, I must admit. The lenses are of very good quality, but the depth of field is so narrow it's almost a miracle you get a sharp scan in the first place.
    Hi!
    It is very interesting. Will You post the pictures here?

Hi!
    It is very interesting. Will You post the pictures here?
    Here you go ...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	_3310916.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	81.9 KB 
ID:	131648

You would need 2 of these to do the job properly. Unfortunately I don't have the instructions explaining how to do the calibration.

Hi! I understand what should i do, probably it's possible to get this tools from the university measurement lab.
    Do You have any other information about mounting/disassembling etc ?

Hi! I understand what should i do, probably it's possible to get this tools from the university measurement lab.
    Do You have any other information about mounting/disassembling etc ?
    Hmm, I'm afraid I wasn't clear enough in my previous message. The tooling you see here above is high precision, tailor-made to calibrate the T2500's focusing point. There is no way you will find these anywhere else on this planet than at the manufacturer's place. And if you aspire to make a copy of one of these, you obviously need the technical drawings to start with, not to mention a partner who is capable producing such tooling.
    Your only option to get your scanner calibrated is to contact Microtek and ask if they are able/willing to provide any form of service on the Agfa DuoScan T2500. I assume these tools come from Microtek in the first place. Correction: I remember it was Agfa who commissioned third parties to deliver the parts for these tools. The clocks and the metal chassis come from different suppliers.

Good luck!
    Last edited by The Deer Gunter; 1-Apr-2015 at 05:50.

Quote Originally Posted by The Deer Gunter View Post
    Hmm, I'm afraid I wasn't clear enough in my previous message. The tooling you see here above is high precision, tailor-made to calibrate the T2500's focusing point. There is no way you will find these anywhere else on this planet than at the manufacturer's place. And if you aspire to make a copy of one of these, you obviously need the technical drawings to start with, not to mention a partner who is capable producing such tooling.
    Your only option to get your scanner calibrated is to contact Microtek and ask if they are able/willing to provide any form of service on the Agfa DuoScan T2500. I assume these tools come from Microtek in the first place. Correction: I remember it was Agfa who commissioned third parties to deliver the parts for these tools. The clocks and the metal chassis come from different suppliers.

Good luck!
    Thank You for the detailed information.
    It's quite uncommon procedure to calibrate the focusing as I understood.