Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Zone system with incidence meter?

Re: Zone system with incidence meter?

Get a spot meter and begin to use the zone system as it was originally designed, that is if you want to practice the ZS in its most essential form. It will, you will discover, be finer than anything you have ever tried to do before and insanely simpler than anything anyone else has ever tried to verbalize to you. Never has there been anything so simple in actual practice but so convoluted and often at times, so grotesquely misrepresented in discussion. It is a fact though, and I find it very strange, the ZS can be a convoluted discussion topic while being otherwise so simple, and it often becomes the victim of otherwise good intentions.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck P. View Post
    Get a spot meter and begin to use the zone system as it was originally designed, that is if you want to practice the ZS in its most essential form. It will, you will discover, be finer than anything you have ever tried to do before and insanely simpler than anything anyone else has ever tried to verbalize to you. Never has there been anything so simple in actual practice but so convoluted and often at times, so grotesquely misrepresented in discussion. It is a fact though, and I find it very strange, the ZS can be a convoluted discussion topic while being otherwise so simple, and it often becomes the victim of otherwise good intentions.
    +1

Preston Birdwell

Second vote in favor of Chuck's statement.

I've used the Zone System for many years for both B&W and color. In my experience, skilled use of a spot meter and the ZS will help one acheive repeatable results.

--P
    Preston-Columbia CA

"If you want nice fresh oats, you have to pay a fair price. If you can be satisfied with oats that have already been through the horse; that comes a little cheaper."