Over the next while I'll be working alongside someone who would benefit from some instant proofs. Happily she is comfortable with the reversed image on the ground glass -- although a binocular hood has just arrived to make things easier -- but given the delays associated with overseas processing it would be best if she could have something to take away until the transparencies arrive back. The project is architectural, generally exteriors, mostly high contrast, and we'll be using Astia.

I'm wondering if anyone can comment on the qualities of Fuji FP-100C45 -- saturation, range, tonality and the like -- and how it might compare with Astia. I'm aware that there has been some discussion of the possible disappearance of this film[*] but I believe it would be well worth obtaining, together with a holder, for this project alone. It also seems that Badger still holds both, although how much I'm yet to confirm:

Fuji FP-100C45 Professional Color Instant 4X5 Film

Fuji Instant Film 4X5 Pack Holder PA-45

I'd also be curious to know how people are currently approaching the issue of proofing with clients -- and if possible I'd like to hear from people who are *still* using film on commissions. (I know that this *is* still happening, especially with clients that are planning long term, are concentrating just on the quality of the imaging, and who don't care how one's images are made.)

Kind regards,

Richard

[*] And please say if you have definite evidence that FP-100C45 *will* be discontinued -- I'm hoping that no evidence can be provided but will have to grudgingly accept it if it is