Thread: Roll film holder for Brooks Veriwide 6x9

Roll film holder for Brooks Veriwide 6x9

hi All,

i'm looking roll film holder for my Brooks Veriwide 6x9 camera. The camera i bought have graflok 6x9 type back. Could you please give me some ideals!

the seller tell me that i need the Brooks XL back, could you please tell me where can i buy it?

Is it possible to fit the Mamiya Press back to the Brooks? The original Brooks back look similar to the Mamiya Press! And does the Mamiya RB67 roll film holder can fit to Graflok 6x9 back?

My searching ebay show me the Graflex RH8, RH10 on Graflex 2x3! if you have any back can fit to my camera, please place me an offer?

thanks for looking and good luck!

Re: Roll film holder for Brooks Veriwide 6x9

IIRC the Veriwide XL roll film holder was made by Mamiya, but has a Graflock attachment while the similarly shaped Press holders use the Mamiya Press proprietary standard. It ought to be possible to repair/replace most of a Veriwide holder with Mamiya Press holder parts, but the attachment part on each is unique and you cannot use a Mamiya holder on a Graflex back camera.

The RB 67 roll film holder should fit - it has a Graflok 6x9 attachment. But it is 6x7cm and has the same shape as the Graflex RH holders, while you probably would prefer a 6x9 S-shape back. And I don't know whether the dark slide can be pulled or the film transported - sometimes superficially fitting roll film backs cannot be used on a third party camera as some knob or lever is obstructed.

the original back is from a Graflex XL
    Good luck finding one. I have been searching for a replacment for over 2 years.
    Since you have a Graflok back, it is possible to use a Graflex or Singer 6x9 roll film back. It doesn't make the camera as easy to hold, but will work.

thanks to Sevo and Jim,

very helpful information for me. through i prefer 6x7 format but the 6x9 is bigger! i'll try both.

my Brooks come with SA 47/5.6 and a Mamiya viewfinder! i wonder if the Mamiya finder is the original or replacement?

thanks,