Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Possible Scam - shipping to Europe

Re: Possible Scam - shipping to Europe

You're being scammed. Under no circumstances should you send any money to the "shipping company". The CC# is likely stolen and the charges will be reversed. Cancel the transaction and forget about it.

Quote Originally Posted by duncan1745 View Post
    Okay, I have a lady that has used a visa card for 1,625.00. she wants me to send 375.00 of it to Teche Delivery. There is no place for it to be found. They said their site was down and currently being worked on.

I read here that the T. D. is a scam. I have the money. I contacted visa... they said if it cleared it was okay...but... the person could call for a charge back... THe lady is from Moldova or so she says. She bought three paintings from one, one that I have to paint.

How long can I person do a charge back? What should I do?

Sadly, BarryS is right - some cc companies allow 30 days or more to do chargebacks. If it is proven to be a stolen card ( which is quite likely)
    then they probably have a very long time to do a chargeback.

Once they get your "shipping" money you will never hear from them again. Of course you will hear from the card company, when it turns out to
    be an illegal transaction.

I'd just tell them that you'll accept payment only via Paypal, and that they should expect a 6 week delivery time. And you'll ship through a shipper of your choice. You'll never hear from them again.

Very interesting thread. I had a good look through your work Terry and I can see why people would want to buy it - its excellent!

Thanks Turtle, I appreciate the compliment.

I suppose it would have also been a compliment of sorts if they had wanted to
    steal my prints instead of just my money <G>.

Regards,
    Terry
    www.terryhayden.com