Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Possible Scam - shipping to Europe

Re: Possible Scam - shipping to Europe

LOL i probably would be flattered that a scammer would want my art prints, from Europe no less. Some countries have a way to confirm the address to the card. If you have paypal, they will do this for you. They will tell you on the order detail screen if the card holder has a confirmed delivery address. Paypal will however take the money out of the account if it is a fraud. Even a money order is iffy because of counterfeiting. Cash a money order and its 2 weeks at least before a bank knows. The best way of payment in my experience is a US USPS postal money. When cashing at the post office they have a way to make sure that it is legal tender. Or maybe Western Union money?

You really have nice prints (looked at your website) it would be a shame to be scammed out of prints.

http://www.mikepic.com

WOW! you guys saved me! I am an illustrator in NYC and a MOJ OYELS contacted me. It was fishy from the start but he did pick out certain images etc that he wanted to purchase the original paintings of mine. My personal jaded NY "scam alert warning" was almost activated but the guys seemed real, his address matched a really nice hotel and he said the works for for personal use. he also said he would mail a check etc.. as I did not trust a credit card. I did an internet search online and found you guys and I think you saved me! Here are 2 emails from him below:

thanks all!

aaron

www.aaronmeshon.com

Hello,
    I am emailing to inquire about availability of artwork/illustration for sale in your inventory and if you are able to process Visa and Master Card Number/Expiry date/Cvv as payment. Let me know so that i can communicate with you on the artworks that interest me,you can also indicate to me which of the arts are sold and which are available on your website. my address is 22 Great Marlborough Street, Roseau Commonwealth of Dominica 17675
    I will be looking forward to reading from you.
    Best
    Moj Oyles

Hello,
    Good to hear from you,
    Below are the artworks that interest me so i want you to get back to me with the cost price of each so i can give you the credit card number to run for the payment

Robots for crocodile creek
    ====================================================================
    super sento
    ====================================================================
    Racing for crocodile creek

I want you to get back to me with the cost of the above so that you can have the credit card to run for the payment.
    I will be looking forward to hear from you asap.
    Thanks
    Shipping Address
    Moj Oyles
    22 Great Marlborough
    Street, Roseau
    Commonwealth
    of Dominica 17675

El Pueblo de Nuestra Señora la Reina de los Ángeles de Porciúncula

Glad to hear that you avoided getting scammed!

Well, this really does show the power of community!

Not to mention that it shows that low-lifes are a constant threat
    in these times.

Glad this thread has helped people out!

Regards,
    Terry
    www.terryhayden.com

John Olsen

Happened to me too. What tipped me off was that they chose my not-favorite image for printing. I replied with lots of questions about how they wanted it printed, matted and the like, and ultimately wasted a load of their time while they tried to figure out answers. I was also able to Google sattelite the address and it turned out to be a shack out in the woods. Hmm.

Just got a note from a graphic artist in Seattle that was saved
    from this scam when he found our posts here.

I was somewhat reluctant to post this to begin with. I never
    considered myself to be an "easy mark". It's a pretty good lesson
    in reality checking one's ego.

Terry
    www.terryhayden.com

I'm an illustrator myself and a week ago I received the same email from "Moj Oyles" that Aaron did. Thank you everybody for this forum - I found this via a Google search as well.

Best,

Omaha Perez
    www.drudestudios.com

This scammer is not the brightest person and should be in another branch. The name chosen is a complete unique combination in a google search and this site will always appear at the top! He/she will change the buyer name to something else soon - say, Peter Jones, David Smith, Stephane Lefrevre?

Quote Originally Posted by Steven Tribe View Post
    This scammer is not the brightest person and should be in another branch. The name chosen is a complete unique combination in a google search and this site will always appear at the top! He/she will change the buyer name to something else soon - say, Peter Jones, David Smith, Stephane Lefrevre?
    if criminals were "smart" then we would all be in deep trouble.

now, if our friend moj ggogles his name he will find his new name(s) that steven suggested above.....har har har..... who knows? maybe he will choose steven tribe!
    My YouTube Channel has many interesting videos on Soft Focus Lenses and Wood Cameras. Check it out.

My YouTube videos
    oldstyleportraits.com
    photo.net gallery

Okay, I have a lady that has used a visa card for 1,625.00. she wants me to send 375.00 of it to Teche Delivery. There is no place for it to be found. They said their site was down and currently being worked on.

I read here that the T. D. is a scam. I have the money. I contacted visa... they said if it cleared it was okay...but... the person could call for a charge back... THe lady is from Moldova or so she says. She bought three paintings from one, one that I have to paint.

How long can I person do a charge back? What should I do?

Quote Originally Posted by Terry Hayden View Post
    Greetings all.

I was recently contacted, via email, with a ( on face value ) flattering request to purchase several prints. This individual ( from a very small European country ) wanted the prints for their library.

Price information was exchanged. The purchaser has agreed to give me a mastercard number to charge to ( prior to shipping ) and has given me their address.

When I asked about shipping, they insist that the best way is through something called Hush Delivery Service ( hushdelivery@hush.com ). Hush is one of the many anonymous email account operations out there.

I can find no information about this delivery service, nor can I find any listings or reference to this alleged library. Doing a googlemap or bing map search, the given address is apparently right next door to a national library location.

So, my question is, if they give me a valid mastercard # ( which I can run at my
    office ), what is my risk?

I hate looking at this in this way - but scammers are everywhere and I'd rather not be a victim if I can help it.

Regards,
    Terry
    www.terryhayden.com