Thread: Jobo

Jobo

I have two questions, Does anyone use the Jobo CPE Plus for print developing.Jobo says its ok for RC paper but not fiber? Has anyone used the Jobo Comparator 100 exposue meter, if so any tips. Thanks Don

Jobo

Don,

When you look inside the jobo paper drums you will notice the ribs, in fiber paper they tend to make dents in the paper. My experience is, but YMMV, that these dents dissapear after washing and the last slight dents that remaimed will dissapear after drying (print taped down to a sheet of glass). I only use the JOBO for 16x20 and 20x24 prints, the rest is done in trays.

Just give it a try, spend a few sheets of paper and you'll know wether you can or not.

Huib

Jobo

Don- I do all of my printing in drums on a CPE Plus due to size of darkroom (I call it a dark "closet"). Fiber up to 11x14 and Ilfochrome up to 16x20 (off of processor but using drums). No issue with ribs. Make sure you wash the prints outside of the drum (after intial rinses to clear processor for next runs) to clear the prints. Hands don't touch chemicals and development is even all of the time.

Paul
    The only trouble with doin' nothing is you can't tell when you get caught up

Jobo

Don,I second the above comment. I do all my Multigrade IV Fiber printing in the Jobo at all sizes. Rib marks do not show at all. At first however, I did my washing in the tube also and then I did get some rib marks that did go away after drying and pressing in the dry mount press. But with my Ilford archival process now I get no rib marks at all and love the many unique features of using the Jobo for prints. (30 sec water pre soak, 2.5 min developer, 30 sec stop bath, 30 sec 1st fix, 30 sec 2nd fix, quick water washout. Then I do my washing and hypo clearing in a tray. I do toning later if I like the prints also in trays). Contact me if you have any questions...

ScottJonesPhoto.com

Jobo

PS: I use the CPP-2 processor