Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Jim @ MidWest Photo...

Jim @ MidWest Photo...

There's a great reason for dealing with Jim at MidWest Photo Exchange...

Ordered a new lens on Friday of last week (November 18th) and, lo and behold, it arrived this afternoon (November 22nd) safe and sound!

Well packaged and speedy delivery... even through Canada Customs at that.

And, the 450 C lens... beautiful! Can't wait to shoot with it!

What more can you ask of a pleasant and very, very successful transaction!

Thanks Jim!

Cheers
    Life in the fast lane!

Re: Jim @ MidWest Photo...

I've bought a couple of things from Jim, and have been likewise pleased with the transactions.

Great person to deal with.

- Leigh
    If you believe you can, or you believe you can't... you're right.

Jims a great guy to do business with!
    "I would feel more optimistic about a bright future for man if he spent less time proving that he can outwit Nature and more time tasting her sweetness and respecting her seniority"---EB White

Quote Originally Posted by Leigh View Post
    I've bought a couple of things from Jim, and have been likewise pleased with the transactions.

Great person to deal with.

- Leigh
    Totally agree.

Jim is a nice guy to deal with, but I have had problems with the Midwest website: what's listed isn't always in stock, and re-supply can take weeks.
    This is only a pain in the ass if you've ordered online and are still waiting for the item two weeks later, only to find out (from Jim) that it has been on backorder for several weeks.
    Other than that, a fine place to do business.

The selection at Midwest isn't as complete as Badger or B&H but much cheaper sometimes by 30%. I email Jim to make sure the item I want is in stock. I learned that the hard way after placing the order and then not get notified until I asked that the lens was no longer available. For some reason their accounts department have trouble processing my Amex card. Like clockwork I would get an email the day after I place a web order that my Amex was declined. I would call up Amex and get the opposite story that the charge was approved and the authorization code already forwarded to merchant. I would then reply to Midwest's email relaying Amex's message. I would then get a response insisting Amex declined. Once I ended up calling Amex back, get the authorization code myself and repeated it to Midwest so they can ship my lens, and they did ship it. It happened again on the next order like two weeks later but the lens was already sold like I wrote above. By then I was already done with the LF buying craze so never dealt with Midwest again.

I totally agree & feel for those with the website issues. Jim is a gentleman & great guy to do business with & always gets me what I need....so I simply restrict my Midwest dealing to a phone conversation with Jim A :-) After all, I'm all about doing business with the people & not getting tied up with computer issues!

Hi Ari,

With website related items (not only at MidWest) I've always found it a good practice to call the seller and ask directly whether the item was available or not. If the item was available... I'd pay for it with a cc at that time since I've always disliked giving out my cc info over the internet.

Hi Ray,

I've had similar situations such as yours at other retailers. So, I'm not so sure that it's purely a MidWest Photo issue.

Unfortunately, AmEx can be a real pita. We've received our new cards with the chip technology embedded and, yet, we can't use them at most of the local stores without "swiping" it through the machines.

So, to solve the problem, I've reverted to using my Visa card instead!

Cheers
    Life in the fast lane!

Jim is the best!!! I have always done well and enjoyed dealing with him.

Another plus for Jim. I've just generally sent him an e-mail asking if he has what I want.

I once made several bid attempts for a lens on e-bay, losing each time. Sent Jim an e-mail and he said "Just got one. Condidtion blah, blah, price blah." I bought, condition was superb, price was a little lower than they were going for on e-bay.