Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Jobo 3010==> Which Agitator Base and Where to buy?

Jobo 3010==> Which Agitator Base and Where to buy?

Looking for agitator agitator base for the Jobo 3010. I know of uniroller, but people said it does not make a full rotation of the 3010 on it. To resolve this it needs to have the bidirectional controller disabled..?? Is this easy to do?

Besides the uniroller, is there other options? What are they and where to buy them? (I am in Sweden)

Re: Jobo 3010==> Which Agitator Base and Where to buy?

I have a Beseler Color Drum that was found on E-Bay. Works great and it goes in one direction

Cordless Bungee Jumper Sirius Glass's Avatar

See my classified ad for tanks, roller motor and timer. If you are interested, make an offer for what you want.

Steve
    Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

This is useful information about Unicolor reversing rollers from this thread:

http://www.largeformatphotography.in...light=unicolor

"The tip was to open the base, remove the lever that causes the reversing switch to flip, remove the switch and relocate it to the lower outside edge of the housing along the side. The wires reach, so no rewiring is required. All you need is a small file or Dremel to cut out 3 sides of a small rectangle of plastic from the housing that will alow the switch mechanism to fit. When you replace the metal bottom of the base, it holds the switch firmly in place.

Now I manually flip the switch every 30 seconds during development. "

I bought a Uniroller base for $18. It reversed. It made nice negatives with a 2553 tank and a 3010 drum. The reverse mechanism quit working. "Oh no!" It still makes nice negatives.
    I got a Beseler base for free with a free darkroom. It doesn't reverse. It makes nice negatives too.
    By the way, when the Uniroller was reversing I made careful observations of the action with the 3010 drum. With the lid off and different color wash cloths in each hole and left to run for 10 minutes, my average developer time, I observed:
    1. Starting with one cylinder at B.D.C. (bottom dead center) and two top cylinders horizontal, the Uniroller reversed when each of the top cylinders got to B.D.C. In other words, all cylinders were low enough to fill with developer.
    2. During the course of the 10 minutes, the drum walked on the rollers until the original bottom cylinder was on top and vice versa. All cylinders had a chance to be on the bottom when the motor reversed.
    Reversing motors and flipping drums may make you feel better. My negatives say, "Much ado about nothing."
    I prefer the Beseler base with it's leveling foot for either the 3010 or 2553. I set the foot so the mouth is slightly high. No dribbles and the drum/tank won't walk off the base and fall in the sink.
    A recent sample of one way rotation. 3010 drum on Beseler base for 7:45 minutes.

Good luck.
    Wayne
    Deep in the darkest heart of the North Carolina rainforest.

Wayne's Blog

FlickrMyBookFaceTwitSpacei

It looks spotless Wayne! I need a motor base ...

Thanks. I really like the ones I use. I am carefull to find film+developer+temperature values around 10 minutes (or more) to make sure that everything has a chance to soak and smooth out. That means Xtol 1:3 and as close to 68F/20C as I can get.

One more to show even development.

Wayne

Wayne's Blog

Cpp2

Anyone willing to ship to Europe?

They are/were made in Europe. They should already be there.
    Wayne

Wayne's Blog