Thread: Broncolor Light Kit Question

Broncolor Light Kit Question

I have a Broncolor lighting kit (the light baby blue color) that I am looking for a couple of accessories for. One that I am looking for is the thin focusing light bulb that screws in the center of the ceramic strobe. I am also looking for a replacement flash cord that goes from the top of the power pack and connects to the sync to the lens.

Anyone have any ideas as to where I can go to find these components? I promised myself I would get this out of the closet and put it to use.

Thanks in advance.

Re: Broncolor Light Kit Question

Michael,

ALL the Broncolor packs/monolights I've used have a mini-jack, and I've used a cord like this one:

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc...Male_Mini.html

try calling a big name photo store(like Samy's in particular, their PRO dept at the LA store) if you don't already have a dead bulb to get the model # from. If you can get a model on the head/monolight you have, then it'll help speed up the search.

-Dan

Quote Originally Posted by DanielStone View Post
    Michael,

ALL the Broncolor packs/monolights I've used have a mini-jack, and I've used a cord like this one:

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc...Male_Mini.html

try calling a big name photo store(like Samy's in particular, their PRO dept at the LA store) if you don't already have a dead bulb to get the model # from. If you can get a model on the head/monolight you have, then it'll help speed up the search.

-Dan
    Thanks Dan. My unit is quite old and has a different connector to the power pack than the mini-jack. It has a round support component to the inner jack that is held inside of it. I may have to make a few phone calls.

the sync cord uses a Fischer connector, they're not that common and either are fairly expensive or very inexpensive depending on if the person selling them knows what it is. Still available new from Broncolor if I recall. What model pack do you have?

My Broncolor kit is an old one. I have a model 211 and model 212 power pack. The connector to the power unit is a small male plug inside of a circular jack. One look at the Fischer connector would tell me if it is the guilty party. The red plastic housing of the cord is brittle and has parted at regular intervals.

Thanks for the response Ernie.

Photographer

Fischer connector may be a generic term: http://www.fischerconnectors.com/
    Keith Pitman

runs a monkey grinder Steve M Hostetter's Avatar

Elinchrome E- Skyport

Thanks guys. Looks like I see a light at the end of the tunnel and it does not appear to cost me an arm and a leg to solve it. You are the best!

Quote Originally Posted by Keith Pitman View Post
    Fischer connector may be a generic term: http://www.fischerconnectors.com/
    It may, though having worked several years as a manufacturing engineer, I've never seen Fischer, Camac, AMP or even the lowly Cinch-Jones used as a generic. In the case of the Bron packs, the connector used is a 102 series Fischer plug, I can get the exact part number should you need it.

If you have a friend that is an electronics hobbyist, it's relatively easy to swap the receptacles out for high quality 1/8" or 1/4" jacks, they are the ersatz standard these days, like due to the cost of reliable, quality connectors.

erie