Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: My Jobo tank tried to kill me

Re: My Jobo tank tried to kill me

My BTZS tubes required no instructions to use, never tried to kill me, never even threatened to injure me. They liked me, I liked them. And I didn't have to go through the gyrations described in some of the messages here to use them. Best of all, they demanded little money for their services, less than $100.
    Brian Ellis
    Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you do criticize them you'll be
    a mile away and you'll have their shoes.

Nothing against the BTZS tubes, but some folks have stated to me they are PITA to use. I have no experience to share personally but each person always has their own pet device they like to use - to each thier own. My drums have never tried to kill me and David was amusingly sharing an experience, I am sure this thread however will provide plenty of material for debate for years to come given the typical pediantic drivel some folks feel compelled to heap onto an ever increasing pile of hashed over refuse.
    "Great things are accomplished by talented people who believe they will
    accomplish them."
    Warren G. Bennis

www.gbphotoworks.com

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Blank View Post
    Roger;

That is completely laugh worthy in my minds eye. 500 dollars is not an incentive for a production peice in the modern world in a niche market. Waiting for the few customers that actually process film to pony up that low dollar amount is paramount to going out of business and dying broke. Consider the average quality power tool purchased new, now consider a quality item made from a company that actually cares about the end result. Think Porter Cable versus, Skil saws or Black and Decker.
    Laugh if you want. I'm thinking CPE2 because that's what I have, and if it can't be brought to market for no more than 50% over the price of fully functional used units, it's not going to sell, at least not while such used units are available. On thinking about it I might go $700 or $750 if it were well made and backed by a company that had parts and offered service. Maybe still not realistic, but that's the way it is. Offer me a brand new CPE2+ for north of $1000 and I'll ask what you're smoking, when I have one and can buy another for less than $500 used.

Now make it a CPP and it could jump to $2000 with the Expert tank compatibility. Laugh again if you like.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Ellis View Post
    My BTZS tubes required no instructions to use, never tried to kill me, never even threatened to injure me. They liked me, I liked them. And I didn't have to go through the gyrations described in some of the messages here to use them. Best of all, they demanded little money for their services, less than $100.
    BTZS tubes are fine for what they are. But they offer no temperature control on their own, work only with sheet film, can't do anything but black and white etc. My little CPE2 has its own temperature controlled water bath and can process up to 12 sheets of 4x5 and/or roll film formats separately or together, in black and white, C41, E6, and probably some less used processes I'm not thinking of. Last night I developed a roll of 120 Foma 400 along with three 4x5 sheets of the same film, all together. BTZS tubes can't do that.

Oh yeah, I hate fooling with print drums but I could also process RA4, any remaining Ilfochrome I could find, and even black and white RC prints if I were so inclined.