Page 5 of 30 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Oceano Dunes Get Together In Honor of Per Volquartz

Landscape/Still Life

Re: Oceano Dunes Get Together In Honor of Per Volquartz

Asher,

The Blue one has a rack on the back but I'm sure you can request one with a rack to hold the gear and i recommend you keep it in the backpack when not using the equipment.... as far as I know racks are easy to put on the back of one of these but I have never ridden one so I'm not even taking a chance on riding one of these beast... Also Robert Oliver suggested this place for a bunch of us to rent as a group here is the link I need feedback on this idea http://www.gotopismo.com/

It might be a good place to share prints and have the Carbon Demo if Jim is able to make it and it will also save on having to buy food out all the time with a full kitchen we can find the best cook out of us all....

Some of these places sleep 6-8 people but I'm sure we can squeeze in more people in this place without any issues also the cost will be shared equally with everyone coming!

Thanks Ted

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Stoddard View Post
    Asher,

The Blue one has a rack on the back but I'm sure you can request one with a rack to hold the gear and i recommend you keep it in the backpack when not using the equipment.... as far as I know racks are easy to put on the back of one of these but I have never ridden one so I'm not even taking a chance on riding one of these beast... Also Robert Oliver suggested this place for a bunch of us to rent as a group here is the link I need feedback on this idea http://www.gotopismo.com/

It might be a good place to share prints and have the Carbon Demo if Jim is able to make it and it will also save on having to buy food out all the time with a full kitchen we can find the best cook out of us all....

Some of these places sleep 6-8 people but I'm sure we can squeeze in more people in this place without any issues also the cost will be shared equally with everyone coming!

Thanks Ted
    So, Ted,

Are we confirmed for 24,25 and 26th? I'd love to make a scouting trip beforehand if anyone else is interested.

Asher

Landscape/Still Life

Asher,

Yes the dates are confirmed, Feb 24,25&26 I might be there a day early but not sure yet also if you do a scouting trip before hand give me a call on my cell would love to hear a report!

The rental place is not reserved yet but still need feedback from the rest of the group

Thanks Ted

Is that a Hassleblad? Brian Vuillemenot's Avatar

I stayed at a cheap motel in Pismo Beach, I think it was an Econo Lodge, for about 40 bucks a night the one time I went to the Oceano Dunes. Less expensive than a group housing and a lot easier to coordinate. It was only about a mile from the beach where you can access the dunes. No need for an ATV- it's only a bit of walking, and ATVs are not allowed in the sections with the best dune formations and natural features for obvious reasons!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails oceano2.jpg  
    Brian Vuillemenot

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Vuillemenot View Post
    I stayed at a cheap motel in Pismo Beach, I think it was an Econo Lodge, for about 40 bucks a night the one time I went to the Oceano Dunes. Less expensive than a group housing and a lot easier to coordinate. It was only about a mile from the beach where you can access the dunes. No need for an ATV- it's only a bit of walking, and ATVs are not allowed in the sections with the best dune formations and natural features for obvious reasons!
    Brian,

Is a simple cart with big wheels allowed?

Asher

Is that a Hassleblad? Brian Vuillemenot's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Asher Kelman View Post
    Brian,

Is a simple cart with big wheels allowed?

Asher
    That would probably be fine on boardwalks and developed trails, but I don't know about on the open dunes. You could ask at the visitor center.
    Brian Vuillemenot

Cordless Bungee Jumper Sirius Glass's Avatar

What boardwalks? I have not seen them there.

Steve
    Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Vuillemenot View Post
    That would probably be fine on boardwalks and developed trails, but I don't know about on the open dunes. You could ask at the visitor center.
    Are you thinking of the walkway at Oso Flaco? Going out to the Oceano Dunes, it's a really beautiful area and there is a ranger protected parking lot - always a plus!

Quote Originally Posted by Micheal Clark View Post
    Never been to Oceano Dunes,sounds like a good reason to go and take a look.

Mike
    It does sound like a good thing, I was there briefly a few decades ago and would like to return.

Curt

There is a board walk at Oso Flaco.... but it goes across the lake and into some heavily vegetated dunes. There is a gate you can walk through before the boardwalk that will get you into a big set of dunes, but i don't think you would be able to get a cart through the gate and pretty sure it would be impossible to get it up the first big dune anyway. I haven't shot there The sand at Oso Flaco always felt deeper and softer than the dunes at Oceano to me anyway. Would be a tough climb.

If you entered through the RV Park on the north/east section of the dunes (google the Oceano Livery Stables) You would have to get permission from the RV Campground to use their road. With permission, this is absolutely the easiest way into my favorite place to shoot.

There is a small board walk through some tiny tunes in Grover Beach between the golf course and the restaurant, but not much to shoot imho.
    Robert Oliver