Page 25 of 30 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast

Thread: Oceano Dunes Get Together In Honor of Per Volquartz

Re: Oceano Dunes Get Together In Honor of Per Volquartz

Hello All! As I am fairly new to this group, It was great to meet everyone and I hope to make these meetings regularly. As a rookie mistake, I severely underdeveloped my negatives. Damn! Oh well, not all is lost. It will be time to experiment with some negative intensification. If anyone has some tips, they would be greatly appreciated!

This is the first print out of the darkroom, printed on Arista EDU at grade 5. Sorry there is 2, I couldn't figure out how to delete the 1st one.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails img002.jpg   img002.jpg  

Its a beautiful photograph akaa, well composed and the hole 9 yrds. Looks like there still shadow density so an intensifier should be able to help. Iv'e only used selenium for film which gives 1.2 to 3/4 of a stop of density increase, not much but from the looks of the image on my screen it might help. Use a dilution of about 1part toner to 4 or 5 parts distilled water or hypo clearing agent, give it 5 minutes or so with gentle agitation, if not enough tone some more. Hope this helps,maybe some one else will have a better idea of what to do.

Mike

Akaa, allso post it on the Darkroom film and processing section, get more direct answers.

Quote Originally Posted by akaa View Post
    Hello All! As I am fairly new to this group, It was great to meet everyone and I hope to make these meetings regularly. As a rookie mistake, I severely underdeveloped my negatives. Damn! Oh well, not all is lost. It will be time to experiment with some negative intensification. If anyone has some tips, they would be greatly appreciated!

Aris,

Wonderful to meet you! This is the first print out of the darkroom, printed on Arista EDU at grade 5. Sorry there is 2, I couldn't figure out how to delete the 1st one.
    I love both prints as they are. Is the foreground your target for intensification?

Asher

I think vocalizing your problems without talking to the person is not a good thing to do. Talk with him first. No one ever knows what other problems people are having until you walk in there shoes. This not the appropriate site to discuss your arrangements and ramble about individuals in such a manner. This was suppose to be about PER now it is about you. Please stop. Craig

Craig, Per was there to help us with such matters, so in the spirit of Per I don't think it was to much out of line for someone to ask for help. Although asking in the tread on processing would be better, it is a nice photograph.

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by Micheal Clark View Post
    Craig, Per was there to help us with such matters, so in the spirit of Per I don't think it was to much out of line for someone to ask for help. Although asking in the tread on processing would be better, it is a nice photograph.

Mike
    Wondering if Craig is referring to an earlier post?

You know, that could be right Forrest, have to follow the threads more closely. Sorry 'bout that Craig, old buddy o' buddy.

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by madmax12 View Post
    I think vocalizing your problems without talking to the person is not a good thing to do. Talk with him first. No one ever knows what other problems people are having until you walk in there shoes. This not the appropriate site to discuss your arrangements and ramble about individuals in such a manner. This was suppose to be about PER now it is about you. Please stop. Craig
    This was directed at ASHER Not at anyone asking for help . Should have quoted it . My apologies if someone misunderstood

Quote Originally Posted by akaa View Post

This is the first print out of the darkroom, printed on Arista EDU at grade 5. Sorry there is 2, I couldn't figure out how to delete the 1st one.
    The are nice images and prints I am working on mine as we speak . Unfortunately scanning