Page 17 of 30 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Thread: Oceano Dunes Get Together In Honor of Per Volquartz

Landscape/Still Life

Re: Oceano Dunes Get Together In Honor of Per Volquartz

The condos are booked up for the dates but I found two beach houses and have someone working on the rental of both places since the houses are side by side to each other and there will be plenty of room for everyone! Brian give me a call when you get the chance thanks

slumry

Thankfully, it looks like this adventure is better organized than the Tonopah ones. I wish I could be there.
    Follow me on Twaddle!

My son will be coming down on leave from Army duty that week end , I will be spending time with him and not be able to attend this group meet up. All have a good time and make some great Photographs.

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by Micheal Clark View Post
    My son will be coming down on leave from Army duty that week end , I will be spending time with him and not be able to attend this group meet up. All have a good time and make some great Photographs.

Mike
    Enjoy your time with your son. Please express my thanks to him for serving.

God Bless,
    David

My wife and I will be out on our anniversary so I won't be able to attend. Have a great time.

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Stoddard View Post
    The condos are booked up for the dates but I found two beach houses and have someone working on the rental of both places since the houses are side by side to each other and there will be plenty of room for everyone! Brian give me a call when you get the chance thanks
    I'm helping Ted get this organized. We need to put money down. Here's the description of the places. There are two houses next to one another.

"Two story single family home with approximately 1500 square feet will sleep 8 - 10 people comfortably. This house is located at 2167 Cienaga St. and is equipped with 2 Queen Beds, 2 Full Beds, and a Full Sleeper Sofa in the Living Room. Each Bedroom has its own Private Vanity Area. One Bathroom is located Downstairs and One Full Bathroom is located Upstairs. The Dining Area and Bar Top will seat 10 People. The Kitchen is complete with all the Amenities. There is a Indoor Laundry Room with a Washer & Dryer right off the Kitchen Area. The Backyard has a BBQ with Patio Table and Chairs, with a Fire Pit for Outdoor Gatherings."

So this would mean whoever is in this would be in one of the two houses. Fore each house:

Bedroom with 2 queen sized beds: There could be two couples in each of the queen sized beds. So if you know another couple you're comfortable with, then the 4 of you would be fine together. OTOH, why not just have two people, one per bed.

For the room with double beds, it would seem that this would be fine for two people.

So far, this would be either 4 or 6 people with two bedrooms, each with their own sink and a shared full bathroom, (well a shower but no tub) in between, serving both bedrooms.

Now to the bottom floor. In one house theres a sleep sofa for two while in the other there's a wide sofa that they say could accommodate 4 people. So lets call that 2 people also.

Now this means that with 6 people per home, they all have to share one shower and 2 toilets. With 10 people this would be very unluxurious and require lots of waiting to get access to the limited toilet and shower facilities, IMHO.

So, imagine there are two homes. One under control of Ted and the other myself. So tell us if you would like to be part of this and if you have (a) room mate(s) you can share a room with. I have no enthusiasm myself for packing 2 guys in one bed unless, as when we guarded a mammoth float we built, there was a girl in between to soften things, LOL!

Ted feels that some guys might be happy sleeping with another fellow and that's your choice!

If we consider 6 people per house then the cost would be $165 x 3 nights, feb 23, 24, 25 and leave feb 26th

$125 non refundable cleaning fee
    $300 refundable security deposit

Assuming the $300 get's swallowed up, just for the moment, that's $153.333 per 3 nights for each person. If we get back the deposit it's just 103.33 per person. If we have just 4 people per house then that would be $230 per person for the 3 nights and $160 per person if we get the $300 deposit back, which is more likely if there are only 4 people to mess the house up!

So post if you are interested in joining. We need to get a count ASAP.

Now as far as the closeness to the protected (non-littered, no vehicle access), dune sanctuary areas we need, we can arrange for parking in the parking lot of the riding stables or the nearby RV park.

I need guidance ASAP on the geography as we don't want Hugo lugging his giant Chamonix and lenses! I have a map that I can reference as you describe the places you know.

There seems to be excellent outdoor space for hanging out and eating.

I'll have to find out about numbers of towels, if any at all, blankets and sheets for the sofa/sofa bed. Also if the rooms have been smoked in.

I so hope this explanation is helpful!

Asher

Quote Originally Posted by Stephen Lumry View Post
    Thankfully, it looks like this adventure is better organized than the Tonopah ones. I wish I could be there.
    Stephen,

What was it about the Tonopah adventure that we should be avoiding?

Asher

Is anyone from northern Ca, passing through Modesto?
    I'm without transportation, I will split gas if I can share a ride.
    PM me if interested.
    Thanks,
    David Silva
    Real cameras are measured in inches...
    Not pixels.

www.photocollective.org

Ladies and Gentlemen,

Who if anyone is interested in being in the two houses that Ted identified? So far we've had not a single response and I'd hoped to book both homes today. One has to give cash in advance, so please speak up or we'll lose this opportunity.

Asher

My portion of the trip would only be one day, Saturday the 25th. Sorry, I cannot be a part of the lodging portion.

David