Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Current film availability - a review

Current film availability - a review

Howdo all,

This thread has been started based on a number of threads asking for information on film availability, and through my own research on finding a particular 8x10 film I was looking for. I don't think there is a similar thread here but my apologies if there is and I'm treading on toes.

I have provided an Excel spreadsheet as a download with all films ranging from 120 upwards in size that are currently being made and are commercially available. It intentionally excludes old stock of any discontinued film which may be held by a retailer.

The information has been gleaned from the websites of the film producers themselves (albeit the information varies in quality) and from major retailers of film.

I have given areas where the film is available - UK, US, Europe, Global and is in accordance with the information gleaned from websites based in those areas (all happen to be located in those areas). This is the one area where I foresee much amendment and correction. Nonetheless, anyone in the world should be able to order from any major film retailer in these countries/areas or from their own.

It is unlikely to be exhaustive so it would be good to correct and/or update this spreadsheet as and when more knowledgeable photographers have contributed to provide a 'one-stop for all'. You can PM me or post here if you can provide more information or correct what is already there. If you do, please ensure that, assuming you are not the film producer, you can back this information up with reference to the film manufacturer's current up-to-date website or similar source.

Being a large format forum I have obviosly excluded 35mm (so some manufacturers are excluded). The only information pertaining to film that I have provided is whether it is black-and-white, colour, infrared, or instant. I can provide processing type if people feel it would be useful but I don't want to over-complicate the spreadsheet.

I haven't gone into detail as to where the film can actually be obtained, i.e., from retailers. This can be done by web search or through posting here.

Anyway, I hope this helps.

Cheers,
    Steve.

Re: Current film availability - a review

FP5 should probably be HP5?

Quote Originally Posted by ic-racer View Post
    FP5 should probably be HP5?
    Oops, spreadsheet amended and re-uploaded. Many thanks.

duff, very handy, thanks.

Nate Potter, Austin TX.

Etobicoke (west Toronto), west of the mighty Humber...

Thanks for this. Haven't read it all but I notice that Acros in 120 is listed for UK only? B&H carry it (and fairly cheap!).
    When I was 16 I thought my father the stupidest man in the world; when I reached 21, I was astounded by how much he had learned in just 5 years!

-appropriated from Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by Richard K. View Post
    Thanks for this. Haven't read it all but I notice that Acros in 120 is listed for UK only? B&H carry it (and fairly cheap!).
    Thanks Richard. I went by the Fujifilm USA website which just listed 35mm but have just noticed that they only list 35mm anyway. As I said, some sites have better info' than others! I'll add it the amendment list.

I also see that B&H list a load of sheet film from Efke (read Adox in the spreadsheet) as well as Fuji. I shall amend this incredible oversight! With regard to Fuji I should be able to get some information next week very close to source as regard to what's still available and what is on its way out or in.

Would be interesting to know if B&H order from the manufacturer themselves (as they do in the UK). If so, then hypothetically all the films listed can be ordered in wherever there is a retailer big enough to order in bulk.

Steve.

Wephota NP22 (100 asa) and NP15 (25 asa)

Black & white film in many sizes inc 2.25 x 3.25", half plate, ULF.

Available in Germany.

http://www.lumiere-shop.de

Tri-X (TXP) is available from stock in 5x7 and 8x10 in the US. Also, check the Canham website for information on occasional special orders for various Kodak sheet films in a range of non-stock sizes.

This is a great idea. Perhaps it could be made a sticky with occasional updates?
    Arca-Swiss 8x10/4x5 | Mamiya 6x7 | Leica 35mm | Blackmagic Ultra HD Video
    Sound Devices audio recorder, Schoeps & DPA mikes
    Mac Studio/Eizo with Capture One, Final Cut, DaVinci Resolve, Logic

Great thought you have use under your signature Richard K.