Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Please Help and give me some advise

Re: Please Help and give me some advise

Hallo Tom J McDonald! Oh yes, you are right. I can only straighten the lines with the rear standard (film plane). I was a little bit confused, have to learn a bunch.

I dont know how to ged rid of the "distortion" in the moment with this lens and with this short distance given between objects and film/lens. I have to try some shifts with the rear standard. But I hope to find out.

Thanks for your comment!
    George

[QUOTE=megapickle1;801389]@ r.e.
    Hallo! I know Mr. Broadbent well and so I can say, his studio is approximatly 10 times larger than my spot. I can not walk around my setup because there is no room for. You are right I have to do my math with perspective control.

I meet mr. Broadbent in his studio, and I found it is small compare of the pics he did in it. In my opinion the longest the lens, the more trouble you add at the table top pics, and the 210 lens is a beautiful starting lens, I have a 300/9 nikkor, this is small and copal1, but I do think that is better first understand geometry rules and perspective than changing the lens.

the eggs on the corners are obvously more elissoidal than on the center, and this si not because the lens is not correct, but the perspective is not! you have to move back, maybe a feet is enough.

I have bought a 135mm after seeing the broadbent's... I had a 180mm and needed a shorter lens! but, it is a question of taste, it depends muc more how you feel correct for you the imagine.

Buona Sera Giovanni!

I never visited Mr. Broadbent. I made my fiction of his studio by his own photograph. My "studio" is a 2 by 2,5 meter spot in my living room. You can imagine the plenty of room there if I setup some lamps too.

Well, you are right, it is the short distance that causes these absurd "distortion". The problem is a) the place/room b) how to get the whole frame filled when enlarging the distance. I would have to crop (I donīt like that). It is nothing wrong with the lens, itīs me! I have to learn to control perspective in LF and to learn about its geometry.

I have tried these captures with a shorter lens (150mm) too but to get the frame filled I had to go much nearer with much more "distortion" in the pictures.

George