Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Iqsmart2 (creo) - Oxygen Problem Focus

Iqsmart2 (creo) - Oxygen Problem Focus

Dear friends. I'm writing from Barcelona (Spain). I have a problem that I'm not able to fixe it... and I need to scan lots of transparencies using my IQSMART2 (Creo). I use an old G5 with 10.3.9 version. It always has been worked very good, however I had to create tables for a two days ago and an error occurred during the process. Since this moment I can't select the suitable range of sharp because the software does not allow me to select any of the different sharps I have already configurated, or select them using the icon of sharp that displays in the tool bar. When it begins to scan I can heard a hard noise and after few seconds it displays a message: "BUTTING TARGET SEARCH FAILED. DEFAULT FOCUS WILL BE USED". So you must to accept and it scans horrible images very quickly because the sharp is very bad.
    I have tried to re-install the application (2.3.1) -I have the original CD... but is not possible to read it!!!!!- and I have to reinstall and create tables using the tool that exists in the application on my computer. There is no way to finish well this process, when I am finishing the tables, on the 18 table... it displays the miss age "BUTTING TARGET... B00000), you accept, it continues... but you can't see any folder with the new tables.
    I have also tried to calibrate, using the tool for that... another time it displays "CHECK TABLES FAILED!!!" when creating the tables.
    I need that somebody could help me... I'm sure that it maybe something about a driver, etc. I have not do anything for that except the error that I had while creating new tables.
    Anybody could help me as soon as possible, please??? I need it to be able to work... and the work is very hard here!! Thanks in advance for your attention and interest.

Re: Iqsmart2 (creo) - Oxygen Problem Focus

Fede, I don't know how to fix your problem but maybe this guy does:

I buy, sell and repaire the Creo/Scitex - Kodak line of Eversmart and IQSmart
    scanners.

Currnetly have have inventories of EverSmart Pro, EverSmart Pro II, EverSmart
    Select II, EverSmart Supreme, EverSmart Supreme II and IQSmart3 scanners. If
    you are in the market for one if these high-end flatbed scanners, need repair
    of an existing scanner or have any of these units available for sale, please
    contact me.

Best Regards,
    Michael
    602-431-9779 ext 102

Good luck

Perharps the scanner needs service. Good idea to locate OLD prefs (tables) for the scanner on the hard disk and try to use them. It can work.

According to the attached compatibility chart, with a G5 and 10.3.9, you'd need at least v2.4.0 of oXYgenScan. Perhaps your problem might be there, particularly if you updated the OS. I owned the same scanner for a couple of years with 2.6.1 on a G4 running 10.4.11. It ran flawlessly, and I regret having sold it.

Kumar

Thank you very much indeed to all of you!!! You are very kindly!! I am trying to calibrate, install... nothing, nothing at all. Always it appears the same error when I am doing tables (on 18 table), always at the same point. I have called to Kodak service and they told me at the beginning that it could be dust in the mirrors, it seems that it could be a cause of problems while doing tables. I have cleaned the mirrors and the problem is the same. And I have another one, another new one... When I'm trying to reinstall Oxygen using the files in the computer it displays a message error (the normal error when an application suddenly is closed)... I have decided to call again to Kodak in order that somebody came to my home to repair it. It's not possible to work with it.
    I did an update last week... I don't know why!!!!!!!! because there are no so much updates for 10.3.9 After then, they have started the problems. Never before I had a problem with the scanner and my old G5.
    Thanks again for your replies... from Barcelona. Have a nice day!!

My G4 was dedicated to the scanner, disconnected from the internet, and had no other programs on it. Perhaps that was why it worked without a hitch.

Kumar

Dear Kumar, Thanks for your comment. My G5 has been always connected to Internet and I have no trouble with that. It seems that tables are corrupted or something like that, and each time that tables are building they found an error in the same point (when it arrives to the table Nr. 18). I have tried several times but it not works... Do you think if I could get tables from somebody of this model of scanner, and adding them on my computer it could start the "Initiate Tables" and finish successfully?? Maybe if the application found old tables it could work with the last ones and build the new ones. Or is not a good idea...???

Kodak has told me that they need the scanner in Madrid (I'm living in Barcelona), because they are only 3 engineers nowadays to give this kind of support. They also work with external companies but these companies are very expensive, about 700 euros each day because you must pay for the travel, the hotel, hours of work...!! I can't afford it, and the engineer of Kodak has given me the best solution: send to them the scanner, they make a test and after then they could propose me the solution if any. If I accept they would repair the scanner and if I said not they will returned to me the scanner. I have three days to find any solution yet before send the scanner to Kodak... if somebody could have a good idea I can assure you that it will be welcomed!!!!

This issue is very clair: they are no tables good built, and when you need to focus there is no possible, the scanner use the focus by default = no definition, horrible. You can't never manage focus. There is another possibility: any kind of mechanic element, etc. but they only can detect that in front of the scanner, of course.

Thanks again to everybody for your help!! Regards from Barcelona and sorry for my English... I try to do my very best.

Quote Originally Posted by SURF View Post
    Perharps the scanner needs service. Good idea to locate OLD prefs (tables) for the scanner on the hard disk and try to use them. It can work.

Are you so kind to give me more details of this action, please?? I don't understand what you mean with OLD PREF (Tables)... Is there any name of file? I have not any folder called "Tables" into the application folder. Thanks in advance for your help!!

Quote Originally Posted by fede63 View Post
    Are you so kind to give me more details of this action, please?? I don't understand what you mean with OLD PREF (Tables)... Is there any name of file? I have not any folder called "Tables" into the application folder. Thanks in advance for your help!!
    I need to scan lots of transparencies using my IQSMART2 (Creo). I use an old G5 with 10.3.9 version. It always has been worked very good, however I had to create tables for a two days ago and an error occurred during the process. Since this moment I can't select the suitable range of sharp because the software does not allow me to select any of the different sharps I have already configurated, or select them using the icon of sharp that displays in the tool bar. When it begins to scan I can heard a hard noise and after few seconds it displays a message: "BUTTING TARGET SEARCH FAILED. DEFAULT FOCUS WILL BE USED". So you must to accept and it scans horrible images very quickly because the sharp is very bad.
    I have tried to re-install the application (2.3.1) -I have the original CD... but is not possible to read it!!!!!- and I have to reinstall and create tables using the tool that exists in the application on my computer. There is no way to finish well this process, when I am finishing the tables, on the 18 table... it displays the miss age "BUTTING TARGET... B00000), you accept, it continues... but you can't see any folder with the new tables.
    I mean that scanner uses tables and they are stored somewhere on the hard disk. I can not say where cause I do not use IQSmart, no Mac OS X. The guys that use can provide more details on that I think. While generating tables previous tables are renamed with adding OLD to the name. So you can rename them back and use. It can work if you can not generate new. "BUTTING TARGET" problem while generating tables can be caused by several hardware reasons. It can be missing "white zipper line" on a glass, or old lense belt.

And why you had to generate new tables?

Regards
    Al

Do you have access to another Mac? Even an iBook would do. Before I got my G4, I ran the scanner with a 12" iBook G4. Do you have the calibration slide? If so, perhaps you could load the software on that machine, and then see if there's some other issue. Both times that I loaded the software, everything went smoothly.

Kumar