I picked up my Durst 184 this morning...had to rent a U-Haul to get it home and use three people and an appliance dolly to get it downstairs. Wow...what a beast. I took off the head and kept the column intact. I thought that the fewer things I took apart the better.
Got it home, reattached the head and plugged everything in. All of the motors work perfectly, the lamp still works and I am looking forward to a long afternoon of playing with all of the parts tomorrow and seeing how it all works.
I have a lot of parts I don't plan on using, I really am only planning to use it for 5x7 and larger printing, but I have the lenses and all kinds of goodies to print all the way down to 35mm.
I have been warned not to think about selling the parts until I have had a chance to try them all out, but I have already decided I'll use my Saunders 4550 for everything smaller than 5x7.
I will inventory everything I have an put up a list in the For Sale section probably this week. I have a lot of stuff that I'm not even sure what it is, so you'll probably see some posts asking to identify some of these parts.
It looks a lot bigger in my basement than it did in the warehouse. Something about scale or perspective....
I am so excited to have this beast in my basement! It was a lot of work but I can see that it will be worth it in the long run.