Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dallmeyer 3a

Re: Dallmeyer 3a

Okay,

I give up. I tried to find Petzvals and Dallmeyeers on that site in terms of dates. Didn't seem to go there. I got lots \of into about prices and such, but not the serial number to manufacturing date data.

Please help.
    "One of the greatest necessities in America is to discover creative solitude." Carl Sandburg

loujon

Quote Originally Posted by lenser View Post
    Okay,

I give up. I tried to find Petzvals and Dallmeyeers on that site in terms of dates. Didn't seem to go there. I got lots \of into about prices and such, but not the serial number to manufacturing date data.

Please help.
    Hey Tim

Go to the"Petzval Lens" page on Dans site and scroll all the way down near the bottom until you come to the "Antique lens serial #/Date column.Way at the bottom. Dallmeyer only goes to 62000 and as I recall, Seans records stopped at 62000 or so.

BTW- Serial 62000 is 1900 so your lens was manufactured a few years later. so 1903-04

Quote Originally Posted by goamules View Post
    You cannot get the detailed ledger information any more, the owner has passed. You can look up Dallmeyer dates based on serial numbers on Dan's site, above, under "Petzval Lenses", at the bottom.
    Thanks for the information! My lens is from ca 1862. Sorry to hear the person who had more information, has passed. Didn't anyone got his book or something?

Dave