Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Feature request

Feature request

Something for those who developed this software - instead of listing the date of the last response, can you list the total number of responses?. The date doesn't tell me whether or not there are new replies to a topic I visited earlier in the day.

Thanks!

Feature request

Isn't it the function of the "New responses" link which is one click away ? The function of the main page is not give an update on the last activity, but to list what is currently (ie this day) active. I suppose both could be merged and the "New responses" dropped, but wouldn't the result be too cluttered ? Any opinions welcome.

Feature request

Why not have New Questions, Unanswered Questions and New Responses?

Feature request

We hashed this over during prototype testing. "New Responses" lists both the date and time 'Last updated' for each thread. Knowing what time you visited earlier in the day gives as much clue as to whether there have been new replies as would listing total number of responses.

I like things the way they are. Let folks visit a thread based on their interest in and/or knowledge about its subject; crowd size should not become an attraction.

Feature request

Was I composing when Tom put "Total Replies" back on that page? Or has it been there since Monday and I missed it?!?

Feature request

Sal, it's been there for a while. In fact I think I suggested it. Knowing that's there has been at least one answer since you last visited is different from knowing that number of answers, and I do not think it is irrelevant. Anybody is free to use this information or ignore it, but I thought it should be provided. This was in Lusenet anyways.

Feature request

I'm not very enthusiastic about putting counts on the front page. You can always bookmark the "New Responses" page and use it as your "home" page if you want to see the counts first thing.

Bob, I'm not sure what you mean by New Questions, as disticnt from new responses or unanswered questions. Or did you mean just to label the pages that way, since it sounds the same as what we have now?

Also, I'm not sure people have tried it, but on the front page, you can click on the 'Last Reply' column header to resort the page in the order of recent responses, but there's no message count there. You could also bookmark it that way, too.

Feature request

since i know nothing about software i have a "looksie question"

look, at www.V8buick.com I feel it has a very nice layout.

How its posting system works- is when something is responded to- it bounces up to the top. It also tells you who and when and how many response a topic has. Also with email responses.

It is similar to this site in theme only buick (only large format) and there are diff. catagories one can post to and it also has a general forum.

If tom, or Qt, or sal would take a look that would be great. I am dying to know how hard a site like that is to setup.

Feature request

James, I just visited the site you mention. I have no clue how difficult creating one like it would be, but share Tom Westbook's opinion on the desirability of "fancy" approaches versus this one. For more information read this thread:Forum software

Feature request

I didn't mean to start a huge debate so I'll just answer Tuan's question and leave it up to the administrators to decide.
    "New responses" does not live up to its name (here or on photo.net). I can read a thread top to bottom, and it will still be listed under "new responses". The function is just looking at timestamps for all messages and is not aware of when *I* last visited or read a given thread (this can be implemented using cookies).
    I want to be able to tell at a glance whether a specific issue I'm following has new responses. If the first page told me how many responses are per thread I can easily tell whether or not this is the case without having to sift through a second list of "new responses".
    Just my 2c... not a big deal really. I apologize for the wasted bandwidth/

Guy
    Scenic Wild