Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Thread: Classifieds?

Don Nelson

Re: Classifieds?

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Becia View Post
    While Kerry is more than capable of "defending" himself, there isn't another person on this board that I trust more. I've purchased from Kerry numerous times. I've also met Kerry and hiked and shot with him. There is no one more giving of his time and knowledge when it come to LF. I once bought some film from him on a trip and I didn't have the funds for the film with me, he simply said send him a check when I get back (which was several weeks.)

Happy to see Kerry active again here on the forum. Jim Becia
    I couldn't agree with you more, Jim

I know Kerry Thallman professionally for over a decade - he formerly worked at the large microprocessor company that I work at, and now works in a similar role in another well-known chip company.

He's also highly regarded for his honesty in the Portland Oregon photographic community (which is quite extensive).

I've bought several photographic items from him and found him to be extremely forthright about any issues that an item has. Impeccably honest.

So if you(you know who you are, and its not Jim) are hiding behind an anonymous account name, and taking snipes at Kerry, you are indeed a fool.

Don Nelson

A.K.A Lucky Bloke ;-)

Don,

My name is Armando Vergara, currently living in Newton, MA (Boston area) and please, check your profile, it's emptier than mine.

No need to take shots in anybody, just pointing out how sometimes communication is the key. I also tried to buy a lens from Kerry back in November (exchanged a couple of emails, Nov 2 and Nov 7, 2010). By the time I got an answer I already spent the money in other lens. Three months later the lens was still listed in the website and I was ready to buy it when Susan posts called my attention.

I wish the old thread could be restored. Where the extensive Portland Oregon photographic community was when I called for anybody in the area to invite him for a beer and check on his well-being?

Armando

Don Nelson

Quote Originally Posted by onnect17 View Post
    Don,

My name is Armando Vergara, currently living in Newton, MA (Boston area) and please, check your profile, it's emptier than mine.

No need to take shots in anybody, just pointing out how sometimes communication is the key. I also tried to buy a lens from Kerry back in November (exchanged a couple of emails, Nov 2 and Nov 7, 2010). By the time I got an answer I already spent the money in other lens. Three months later the lens was still listed in the website and I was ready to buy it when Susan posts called my attention.

I wish the old thread could be restored. Where the extensive Portland Oregon photographic community was when I called for anybody in the area to invite him for a beer and check on his well-being?

Armando
    PM sent. Lets take the issue offline from this point.

Also, thanks for noticing the profile. I wrote some of the original large lens material for Q.T. to post on the website, long before the forum existed (~1992 while I was in Arizona). When I found out about the forum and joined in 2008, I never filled in the profile- so its been updated!