Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Classifieds?

Classifieds?

What a great forum. Just curious: Would a user-to-user LF classified section work here? Is that something you mods would be interested in including?

Classifieds?

ABSOLUTELY... it only makes sense that one would look on a Large Format website to purchase Large Format camera gear from its members.

Cheers
    Life in the fast lane!

Classifieds?

I have thought about lauching an additional forum dedicated to classifieds, services, workshop announcements, etc... but this would require some modification to the software, since by nature the postings would have a limited format and useful lifetime. There is nothing worse than wading through a list of obsolete classifieds. So, yes, it is a possibility I have in mind, but not for now.

Classifieds?

Well, over at APUG we have a "for sale" forum, and my experince is that it is not used very much, a few dealers tried it but since they did not get quick offers they gave up. I dont know if it would be worth it to change the program to introduce this forum for a few ads, but then I dont know how difficult it would be to do this. Most people get quicker results at e bay.

Classifieds?

The photo.net Leica forum allows for sale ads from individuals - surprisingly it isn't abused - maybe the people here could be trusted to moderate themselves?

Classifieds?

I like the idea of having a place to sell/swap LF gear with other forum members. I'd much rather have a separate forum specifically for that purpose, though, than have this board cluttered with FS and WTB threads.

Classifieds?

I'd also support a separate forum for equipment sales and commercial announcements, rather than having them in the main forum.

Classifieds?

How about limiting FS and WTB ads to Friday? Also, I recommend that FA ads be prohibited.
    Alec

Classifieds?

Can we then just post any classified stuff on this forum? I have a Linhof system I'm trying to unload for someone else.

Classifieds?

On the LUG (Leica User Group) Buy/Sell Posts are allowed only on Fridays. FS or WTB in the subject allows the uninterested to delete. I would support these types of limitations for posting Buy/Sell's