Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: A Studio Camera which isn't a Century, Deardorff or an Ansco!

Re: A Studio Camera which isn't a Century, Deardorff or an Ansco!

The other one is bought and paied by me... (over paied I think, but it was my very first LF camera so I didn't know...)

"Stella" as it states in the first image.

a little different in the brass moldings. Still beautiful. And I just love those cassettes (the same as then ones depicted on your last post). Half Plate.

Hermann Petzval lens.

Actually the "Stella" is a late production from Görlitz.
    The company was started in 1920 by an ex foreman from Herbst & Firl.
    I enclose both the sales catalogue and the company logo!
    Görlitz has really a lot of data on its photography history.
    And the first model you posted IS yet another Kügler - I hereby authorise you to make a copy of the logo and place in the appropriate space on the right-hand side!

I assumed that the old plate holders were 13x18, but they could be half-plate!

Another Gölitzer camera has surfaced in Stockholm and has been snapped up by Stephane! I can't think for a more suitable and deserving new owner/user!
    And yet another is currently for sale in Denmark!

It was quite a drive, and I should have bought butter along the way, because there's no more butter in Norway ("Tine" has the monopole and messed up big time).

Studio cameras are great with their square bellows for super extension, and the stand is a big step up for me
    I need to put an 8x10 back on it...

Thanks Steven for the tip!

Quote Originally Posted by Steven Tribe View Post
    And yet another is currently for sale in Denmark!
    where...?

PM is sent.
    Lens is the F5 Suter Aplanat no. 3 I mentioned in the lens thread.
    No stand, though!

The Danish exporters were offered a temporary reduction in the huge import duty on butter (Norway is very much a non-member of the EU. Which they declined to take up, in pique!

Hi from a forum newbie... I just wanted to add some pics of my camera I purchased 20 years ago. Since then I have occasionally tried to find out it's brand and other data as there is no logos except Finnish importer's round "S.V.O." logo. Company started their business in 1920, so the camera is from that era.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	camera.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	78.3 KB 
ID:	78384 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	lens.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	88.9 KB 
ID:	78385

Camera looks pretty much like Kügler above and the stand has almost similar design as Stella. Lens is 350mm Voigtländer Portrait-Euryskop III with Waterhouse-style aperture stops.

I might be interested in extra "rolling blind" plate holders as I only have one of both 13x18 and 18x24 sizes. I think I've seen similar plateholders in some later DDR cameras, so I guess they should not be as rare as the camera itself.

J-P

I think the back "trapdoor" film/plate holders were more common!

It certainly was made in Görlitz and I think I can see the indent on the right-hand side of the front standard where the "puck leaping over the globe" trademark used to be!

The 5a Series III Portrait Euryskop (13") was designed for slightly larger formats (10x12")!

Fixing systems at the back (with or without the sliding back) are regretable not a standard type - even for the same maker!

I just wonder how much there may be old DDR -era studio stuff still for sale in Germany. I found pic of 70-80´s Globica studio camera which still looks to have similar curtain type plateholders if their size matches.

http://auktion.lpfoto.se/auk/w.MegaP...303_2042&inO=9

Also there was one quite special type (police/prison?) camera for sale in German ebay that shows the very similar type plateholder.

http://www.ebay.de/itm/X212-Antik-Ta...item4136787a0c

About the trademarks of my camera; there are small round logos in top of the stand and the front standard of the camera. But both of these are obviously swapped by the Finnish importer to their own S.V.O. logo.

I will take some closeups of the camera as soon as I will get it back to my studio. We had a photoshooting session at local outdoor museum last weekend and it's still in their warehouse...

J-P

Quote Originally Posted by valotus View Post
    I just wonder how much there may be old DDR -era studio stuff still for sale in Germany.
    Not that much. GDR Globicas in particular are as scarce as hen's teeth, I haven't ever seen one other than in a museum - even pre-war Globicas seem to outnumber them by magnitudes.