Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bellows Replacement Sources, 2012

Bellows Replacement Sources, 2012

Prices quoted for my Whole Plate Gandolfi. I presume that 4x5 and 5x7 would be less, 8x10 more. buyitjnow asked for bellows measurements, all others required the frames from the camera. S+H are extra. Everyone responded promptly and professionally.

buyitjnow, $95,
    (Chinese, contact through their eBay listings).

Jim Ormond, $180,
    7454 Henbane St.
    Etiwanda, Ca, 91739.
    jwormond@yahoo.com,
    (909)- 980-0606.

Sandeha Lynch, GB £140 ($217)
    4 Davies Road
    Pontardawe
    Swansea
    SA8 4PH
    UK
    (member of this forum)
    http://www.sandehalynch.com/isolette.htm

Custom Bellows Ltd, BP 180, ($280)
    Unit 26 Camphill Industrial Estate, John Kempe Way
    Highgate. Birmingham B12 OHU. England
    Tel; 0121 766 7919
    Website www.custombellows.co.uk

Turner Bellows ($350)
    Rochester, NY,
    Sales@turnerbellows.com

I received an excellent job from Jim Ormand, and can recommend his work. (I think he also lists as "Western Bellows Co.")
    Wilhelm (Sarasota)

jadphoto

Re: Bellows Replacement Sources, 2012

I posted a while back about problems I was having with a Chinese bellows I ordered for my Sinar. Service was great, good communication, prompt shipping, it's just that the bellows leak light like crazy. Same problem with the replacement they sent me. I finally had to get a refund. I was bummed as the bellows looked great and was considerably more flexible than the Sinar bellows.

I'd stay away from aftermarket Chinese bellows.

JD

Thus far I am quite happy with the bellows for my Tech IV I bought from http://www.ecbuystore.net/ (also present on Ebay). No light leaks, even not with IR film although he wouldn't guarantee that (I guess he did not want to be blamed).

Cannot say how long they last, but for the price of an official bellows from Linhof one can buy many of these..

I have no affiliation with him, he responds swift, shipping is slow, but goods are as described..I guess one cannot club all Chinese bellows together..

Best,

Cor

I posted this because when trying to replace my old bellows I had difficulty finding suppliers who were still in business. These were the ones who responded to my queries. I'm sure there must be others out there.
    Wilhelm (Sarasota)

I received mine from ecbuystore this morning and I am in the process of fitting the frames. The smell is terrible and they look a bit shorter than the original otherwise look great. I paid 150€ ($185) for the Eastman View nş2 8x10, free shipping.
    It got here in 8 days.

I am very happy with my bellows from ecbuyonline on ebay. Custom made 1m long for an 11x14, no sag, plenty of extension, compact, not identical to the original. No smell other than normal glue. USD250 I think. They will fit them to your frames if you want, not for free, just ask. The idea that something should cost more because it is made in America is just plain dumb.

jadphoto

OK...after all the positive comments about ecbuyonline I got concerned about my problems with the same supplier. On closer inspection, the old light inside the bellows trick, I found that the fault was mine.

I hadn't sealed the bellows completely where the plastic frames (Sinar) fit to the bellows. I'll redo it tomorrow and retest.

As nice as Rudy is to deal with, I'm really happy that the problem appears to be my fault.

JD

Joseph did you notice a strong smell of petrol or some sort of solvent with yours? I had that same problem you had and went on shooting for a whole year without noticing. Light leaks were unbelieveable.

joseph

Quote Originally Posted by mdm View Post
    I am very happy with my bellows from ecbuyonline on ebay. Custom made 1m long for an 11x14, no sag, plenty of extension, compact, not identical to the original. No smell other than normal glue. USD250 I think. They will fit them to your frames if you want, not for free, just ask. The idea that something should cost more because it is made in America is just plain dumb.
    Sounds pretty positive-
    I might need something like this soon- can you tell me how small they compress between frames? Do you know if they're good for IR? Can you describe the material, what it's like? Cloth? Thorlabs fabric? Changing bag fabric? Leatherette? I've made bellows myself, but I dread having to make another set, and if I can get an acceptable set at this price, it would make a lot of sense...

Ramiro, a solvent smell shouldn't hang around for a year, should it?

http://www.largeformatphotography.in...ht=ecbuyonline
    http://www.largeformatphotography.in...nika-III-V5%29

They fold pretty slim, I can rack the front standard and the rear standard on my Korona right against each other and there is plenty give yet. Black 3M fabric with very tough to cut yellow stuff between. No smell other than a faint glue smell, I checked. They sent a small roll of adhesive tape to use in mounting or to patch, yes I put a staple through them, watch where you aim the staple gun. If you have a mahogany frame you will need a gun that takes heavy duty staples or they crumple. Stuck it together with double sided tape and then zapped it on tight with the gun. They have some installation videos to help, see the second link above.