I am begining to consider LF, having used the 35mm format for more than a decade . My current system is built around the Canon EOS.

I am considering a 4X5 camera. Primary intention is to do macro work on watches (60%. I would need 2.5 to 3x magnification), some portrait (30%) and architectur al(10%).

Some threads in this forum seem to indicate that LF would not be the perfect for mat for large magnification closeups, due to bellows extension. But I am unclear .

I am considering either the Arca-Swiss Discovery or the Toyo 45C, and begining w ith just one lens: the Rodenstock Macro Apo Sironar 180mm. I understand this len s is useful to up to 3X magnification by interchanging the front and rear elemen ts. What belows extension would be required for 3X? Would my chances be better w ith the 120mm version of the same lens? How would you compare this to the Nikkor Apo Macro ED 120mm or 180mm alternatives?

Would the lens be good for my other intentions, vis a vis portraiture and archit ecture?

I am planning on getting a Sekonic 488 meter, a 6X loupe, the black cloth. I cur rently have a Benbo tripod, but will get a Bogen pan/tilt head for it. Would app reciate recommendations on tripod head. What other accessories would be recommen ded?

Thanks for the help. And for this excellent site.