Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: LF camera tracks

Re: LF camera tracks

you need no racks--just make an extension board for the middle where you don't NEED the gear racks...take off the hinge and put a piece of wood in the middle--or, do like I did''take them apart and put a plank in the middle--hold the camera part and the lens part down with clamps...this works and it's totally reversable---no work no muss no fuss

Thanks - as luck would have it I came into a couple of very inexpensive lenses in the 300 -400mm category that cover 11x14. I think instead of extending the camera I'm just going to swap lenses a lot.

loujon

Quote Originally Posted by cyrus View Post
    Thanks - as luck would have it I came into a couple of very inexpensive lenses in the 300 -400mm category that cover 11x14. I think instead of extending the camera I'm just going to swap lenses a lot.
    Now your talking.

It is not an ideal solution Louis - I still can't do 1:1 with a 300 or 400mm lens.

The lensboard on a 2D is probably too small to make an extension box worthwhile, but if you don't need too much extension, it wouldn't be hard to make a box for the back. If you gave it a "bed extension" that went under the actual camera bed, so that you weren't carrying its weight from the rear standard, it could be as long as you wanted. (Giving up rear swings and shifts would be the price of a really long woodworking-only extension )