Page 9 of 96 FirstFirst ... 78910111959 ... LastLast

Thread: how old are we?

how old are we?

I'll be 48 on July 1. Please send me presents: - 110 XL - 7x Silvestri tilting loupe - medium Domke cloths (2)

Thanks!

how old are we?

I am 56. I have taken photographs since 1956. With a serious interest since 1958. Started shooting 4x5" in 1968 in photography school in Germany since it was mandatory. Got my first 8x10" in 1982 and an enlarger for that format in 1983. I like the big pice of film the more I use it longer. Recently I started potographing digitally because of clients demand. I still like film better, the bigger the sheet the better the results ! My camera for snaps now is a 6x7 cm one.

All metric sizes to 24x30 Ole Tjugen's Avatar

how old are we?

Another 40 here - seems to be about average? I've played around with a Linhof TechIII 5x7 for a few years, then decided it was too heavy and bought a Linhof Color 4x5 this winter. I know there are one or two others in Norway, but I've never met any...

how old are we?

I'm 48. Shot 35mm for 20+ years, shot MF for 6 months, and have been shooting LF for 2 years. "... a little voice inside said don't look back, you can never look back."

how old are we?

I'm 35 and having been shooting 4x5 for 3 years. Based on the above list it looks like we have many 30 somethings here. I'm glad to see it!

how old are we?

Turned 50 in January. Got photo flu at 17 and had it on and off ever since. Got LF'itis a couple of years ago which has turned into a full blown disease, and I will either likely die from it or probably starve from it.

how old are we?

I'm a young 66 years old, and just getting warmed up. Got out of a lifetime of photojournalism and advertising photography (Shell Oil, Samsonite, Pentax, Rollei, Borg Warner and other clients) to help build the new Denver International Airport. Earned my 'wings' as a Navy photo recon and patrol pilot, and a B.F.A. in photography at Art Center in California with Dave Muench, Larry Gordon and others. Ex- Director of Photography at the Colorado Institute of Art. National UPAA photographer of the year, picture of the year IPPA/MWPPA and eight gold medals in Denver advertising..and a CINE Golden Eagle for film. Retired four years ago as deputy director of DIA. Came roaring out of retirement last year...and back into photography. I am finishing up a five month contract on a big construction project on Cherry Creek in Denver...for a very nice financial reward. Shooting construction progress with 3 Canon EOS-1VHS and will do the finish with my museum condition Linhof Super Technika V and lenses. Yeah, I'm nearly 67....and I'm 6'2 and 200 lbs. I spend my day crawling through dirt, mud and dust, and loving it. Pal...at 66...If I can do it so... can you. GO FOR IT! (This OK, JP?)

how old are we?

80 People. Average age 43 and a half. So far...

how old are we?

I'm - let's see, two from seven, carry the . . . I'm 54, for almost the remainder of this year. While I had some forays into photography as a kid (I still remember 620 box cameras), I only got into it on an ongoing basis while in Vietnam. Shot half-frame and full-frame 35mm, then came home and did some experimentation with various cameras. Shot some 116, and some Rapid, then had a ball for a while with a Miniature Speed Graphic. Settled down to 35mm until about 1994 or so, when I first got really into 4x5. Got the 8x10 almost two years ago and have been a committed LF shooter since. Sold all my 35mm stuff about a year ago, and now my 'small' camera is a Mamiya 7. The 8x10 is my real baby, though.

Tony

how old are we?

I'm 55. Started shooting 4x5 8 years ago. It's been an on again off again situation with me. I haven't decided if it is worth the trouble yet. I enjoy it much more than 35mm. I just haven't been able to sell large format, not that I have submitted much. The few customers I have dealt with seem to be more receptive of my 35mm work.