Page 80 of 96 FirstFirst ... 3070787980818290 ... LastLast

Thread: how old are we?

Re: how old are we?

Crossed into the 70 zone last month. Mom turned 100 last month.. I may finish a lot of projects... if I can remember where I put all the parts I bought while I was working.

I only checked the last two pages of this thread and I'm kind of glad that I'm young, real young. 29 years old.

Well it's in US rate. With today's exchange rate, my REAL age is... 38.

If, for many people, it's seems young, for me, I'm old... too old (maybe because I have many past regrets).

Doing analog photography since 2002, but in large format since 2 years ago.

I just got a helluva lot older today.
    "I would feel more optimistic about a bright future for man if he spent less time proving that he can outwit Nature and more time tasting her sweetness and respecting her seniority"---EB White

Drew Wiley

I enjoy being 33 so much that I've decided to be this age twice!

In a few day I'll turn 68, a rather scary sobering number. Am likely to retire from my hi tech work as the year ends. The below is an image of this person earlier this spring about a wash below Jubilee Pass in Death Valley National Park.

For some reason I am aging slowly looking a decade plus younger than peers maybe because I have long telomeres gene end caps? Thus hair is still mostly brown with some gray but age is definitely showing. For instance some of my finger knuckles have a bit of arthritis and like much of we older folk have reading glasses strewn all over my world. With a use it or lose it attitude towards genetic deterioration, am hoping lots of science and hi tech mental challenges and staying really active with hiking, backpacking, skiing, and photography will help stave off usual aging. In any case, none of us get out of here alive as it all seems to be accelerating towards eternity.

26, but interested in LF at 24, love it and enjoy the process!

39. Film photography since 2001, and LF seriously for 12 months.

Oh my!

Just completed my 82nd trip around the sun, and the Sinar Norma 8x10 is getting heavier. Eyes are holding up after cataract surgery though.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Bodine View Post
    Just completed my 82nd trip around the sun, and the Sinar Norma 8x10 is getting heavier. Eyes are holding up after cataract surgery though.
    Congrats, Jerry! Isn't cataract surgery great? After being 20/100 O.U. for 60 years, five minute surgery on each of my eyes means 20/25 currently.