Page 4 of 96 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast

Thread: how old are we?

multiplex

how old are we?

hi joe - i'm 36, been shooting 4x5 since i was 24, 5x7 since i was 30 .. and using a camera since i was 6

how old are we?

I've just turned 43 and while I own a 4x5 Galvin, I shoot most often with a Toyo 23G and rollfilm. I started using view cameras a little over 5 years ago and lately, have started feeling an urge to move up to 8x10...

how old are we?

Great question Joe, I'm 21, from saratoga springs, NY, shooting 8x10, souping azo in pyro. I'm proud to say that 3 years ago my first camera was a tech III.

how old are we?

Joe,

43 here, started with medium format when I was 13(when I look at Old negs, I think I was more skilled at 13 or at least had better Artistic View, what ever the hell that is) now I'm back into LF for the last 6-7years and enjoying it the last 3-4. As for the "50 year mark" that you mentioned, well I remember when I thought that was REALLY, REALLY, REALLY OLD! Now, I even know a few people that "OLD". As for young people not being involved...... well I think all of us "OLD" people need to keep trying to change that every chance we get. They say "OLD People have a lot to offer" well so do our young people.

how old are we?

12 stuck in a 36 year old body. Serious 35mm about 3 years, 4x5 about 3 months. Pittsburgh, PA www.pghphoto.org

how old are we?

22, started shooting 4x5 in school when I was 19. Missed a year when I got out of school and lost access to all the cameras. Just recently got back into it by purchasing a old Crown Graphic. Never realized how much I enjoy the process of shooting large format untill I didn't do it for a while and then came back to it. Its great.

how old are we?

I will be 69 in October. Using LF since I attended Ansel Adams workshop in 80 with a 35mm slr. I bought my 4x5 on returning home.

how old are we?

I just turned 52, and I've been shooting large format since 1982. My interest in photography started with a Pentax Spotmatic in 1968. With age, I've noticed that my equipment is starting to feel heavier to me, especially the old Bogen 3051 and C-1 8x10. I'm glad I've got a light weight wooden Wista 4x5 to fall back on (not literally). I also have a Linhof 5x7, which I'm starting to use, too.

how old are we?

49?! Large format since '94. 4X5, 5X7, 8X10, 11X14. Looking for a 5X12 and after yesterday's post, a cirkut. Gotta try 'em all. AZO in Pyro?? Love this forum.

how old are we?

22. Started shooting when I was 16. I shot a few sheets of 4x5 a few years ago in high school. But the large format bug didn't really get me until this year. I'm a photography major at Massachusetts College of Art in Boston. Took a view camera class this spring and just fell for it, bought a Canham 4x5 on student loans and I've been shooting 5- 20 sheets a week since mid January. Haven't even looked at my 35 lately. Loving it!