Page 15 of 96 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565 ... LastLast

Thread: how old are we?

how old are we?

74 Sorry to run up the average. Most of my working life was spent in travel so I've bounced bacdk and forth from LF to 35mm and back again depending on where I was at the moment. My first camera was a "616", though. Would you consider that MF?

how old are we?

I'm 40, and have been using large format since the age of 13. Ok, well, that camera was a pinhole camera made out of a shoebox... does that count? Sure it does! Actually, I was only able to afford a decent lens 4x5 field camera in the last couple of years, even though I have been considering getting one for over half my life.

how old are we?

How on earth did I miss this thread the first time around? Must be my age <smile> 62. Picked up a shiny new Graphic in 1954 to do sports for thr Junior High newspaper. The rest is history.

how old are we?

56. Started when I was 7 with a box brownie contacting on the kitchen sink. Still have some of the negs and prints. LF 20 yrs. Lost the brownie.
    Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure... Life is either daring adventure or nothing: Helen Keller.

Old School Wayne

how old are we?

A couple years older than I was when I answered before. Actually only one year, but it'll be two tomorrow.....sigh

how old are we?

40. I was photographing 35mm 25 years or so, but since I discovered LF about 15 months ago my Nikon gear sits on the shelf most of the time (with some exceptions like my vacation trip to Tierra del Fuego this January). Taking mostly landscapes, I do my weekend walks around Brno, Czech Republic, with Sinar F1 in my backpack. Didn't meet any LF'er around here ever. Wishing long life to film and LF and "good light" to you all, Michael

how old are we?

I had to double check that I hadn't posted before. Gotta watch out for early onset oldtimers. I am just shy of 36 and have been shooting 4X5 sporatically for parts of 3 years, 6X6 for 7 years and 35mm for 10 years. I mainly shoot colour landscapes/seascapes close to home. Peggy's Cove is my favorite subject. I think my medium and large format gear is all older than me - or close anyway. I am shooting with a CC400 (127mm f/4.7 Ysaron) and with a Yashicamat. If anyone cares to see my stuff it's at:

http://www.photo.net/photodb/user?user_id=286188

how old are we?

But and however, my wife says that when she took up with me I'd attained the level of development of an average six year old. She says that now I'm at the level of a four year old. Perhaps sometimes I'll find out what I'm going to be when I grow up.

how old are we?

Started with a 110 (I think) camera when I was wee, given an old Ricoh rangefinder when I was 13, which I promptly destroyed. After that it was a few years before I picked up in highschool with a borrowed Minolta. Then another absence of a few years, started back up with Pentax 135.

Someone gave me an old Speed Graphic Pacemaker with the Optar 135mm and a Dagor 111mm lens about two years ago. I liked real negatives, but didn't like the portability so I took a diversion into a Yashica 124G TLR and then a Pentax 645. Missed the whole process of LF and bought an 8x10 B&J about a month ago.

Figured I might as well do my best to carry that around now before I'm too old to get away with it. After a short (2-3mile) hike yesterday, maybe I'm already too old for this. Heh.

how old are we?

...57 years old Always interested in the Photography medium. What an amasing passion,I am collecting LF cameras, classic lenses and some accessories. I took the time to study history of them. Use them when I got the time Linhof Color. Calumet C401, Ansco-Agfa 5x7 , ect. Internet is a wonderful world .... When I restored an old Gundlach 5x7 inches camera, I found there all the information, replacement of broken parts , restoring bellow on internet.

André