Thread: how old are we?

Old School Wayne

how old are we?

I gotta stop that, durnit

I'm only 38

Old School Wayne

how old are we?

Oh, how _old_! I'm sorry, misunderstood. yeah I'm uh 39. again

been shooting LF seriously, off and on, but not necessarily well, since 85. Finally starting to figure some things out, I'm a slow learner. Father was a photographer so I've been around all those chemicals since I was tiny. That woulda been the early 60's or so. I became interested in it in 80, 12 months after he sold or threw out most of his old stuff-view cameras, an old 8x10 enlarger, damn!damn!damn! ouch ouch. But I did get the 4x5 Busch Pressman that got me started, and still have it, and gazillions of wooden holders

Senior for sure

how old are we?

55 and climbing, working on career number 8, sadly, its not photography. Been shooting and processing film since the late fifties, 127, 120, 35, MF about three years ago, and LF only abt 2 years ago. Finally found enough money to buy some gear (actually, figured out that saving for the golden years is out, These ARE the golden years Did an interesting stint for a couple a years processing and printing glass plates on an awfully big Durst for book publication, back in my univesity years, oh, at the beginning of the first millenium). I think I waited too long to build a great career shooting the beautiful people. Most now just think I'm weird.(Yikes!, could they right?). Greetings, it has been a pleasure to meet you all.

how old are we?

I'm 44. That's young. Really, really young! Honest!

Mike
    Politically, aerodynamically, and fashionably incorrect.

how old are we?

I am 52. 1971:35mm; 1982:MF; 1998:LF

how old are we?

40, been shooting LF exclusively since the first time I picked up a camera, five years ago. Now mostly 12X20 portraiture...

Nathan

how old are we?

I'm 45, which seems to be somewhere near average for this group. I've just started using an 8x10 within the past year, after using a 4x5 off and on for about three.

I got my first camera, a Kodak instamatic 126 with a pack of four- sided flash cubes, when I was about 13. My first 35mm came a few years later, then MF about seven years ago. Someone gave me an old Speed Graphic a few years ago that had been sitting unused for 25 years and stored in a box for the last 15 years in a hot and humid garage in South Louisiana. It was dirty and stiff and mouldy, and the 135mm Optar lens was full of fungus, but the bellows were in surprisingly good condition. I picked up another old lens and a box of Tri-x, cleaned the ground glass as best I could, and exposed a few sheets. My first results weren't all that impressive, but I knew I was hooked when I examined that first negative on a light table with a 4x loupe.

how old are we?

Wow, I can't believe the number of responses! I just turned 36 and in the two years I've been shooting 4x5 I've never, ever seen any one else with a LF camera, even in national parks throughout the U.S. Where's everyone hiding?

how old are we?

I'm 46 but feel like I'm still 18 (until I get vertical in the morning, then it's downhill for the rest of the day). Started with a 127 camera ~39 years ago, went through 620, Polaroid, 35mm, 6x7, 4x5, digital, and 5x7 in that order - still using everything except the 127 and 620. Andy had a good question... where IS everyone hiding? I've never seen another LF shooter in the field either. I'm in Pennsylvania.

how old are we?

52. They're in the bushes.