Page 10 of 96 FirstFirst ... 891011122060 ... LastLast

Thread: how old are we?

how old are we?

The kids keep reminding me I seem to behave like I?m 75 years old. She ?who must be obeyed? says I?m still in my teens especially when Saturday night company comes over. A couple of years ago at the age of 45, I regained a lost interest in photography and brought my darkroom back out of the boxes from a 20 year rest. A few months later I bought my first 4x5 and began having the time of my life. Blending my outdoor activities and especially hiking with Large Format shooting has been a pure delight. I shoot both color (mostly Velvia) and B&W negatives. I also do all my own processing from start to finish and enjoy the quite time in my darkroom almost as much as the shooting sessions in the hills.

This is a great thread and I?m glad to read that there are many others like myself.

Good light to everyone but especially to the 4x5 crowd.

GreyWolf

how old are we?

A "walking antique" at 57: Too old to be afraid, too stupid to die.

how old are we?

45, so I am about average, huh? Been doing LF for about 17 years in formats from 6x9 through 11x14.. I also run a custom b&w photo lab, Labwork, in Cleveland, Ohio for all those who do not do their own processing or printing. Long live traditional processes! Most of my current work is done with an Ebony 45SU, makes my life a lot easier. For my birthday in September I'd like a 38XL Super Angulon or a Nikkor 500 tele, thanks.

how old are we?

I'm 31, a graduating MD/PhD student in New York, starting residency in San Francisco this month. Got into 4x5 last year with a Bender kit which I still use. Picked up an inexpensive Sinar P 8x10 with reducing back for home use (go ebay!). Mostly landscape and some macro work, mostly with Velvia. Would like to begin the journey into B&W soon (bought some Azo). Sold my Pentax 67 of 5 years to get into LF. Started shooting 10 years ago. Have a Canon 35mm SLR system and now getting into rangefinders.

Great post.

how old are we?

36 years old (one year older than my father, who is 35 and staying that way). Got my first 35mm SLR ten years ago and my Tachihara 5x4 four years ago. I dearly love the 5x4 but make more money from the Nikon.

This is one of the best threads I've seen in 4 years. Thank you Joe.

how old are we?

48, anxiously awaiting retirement (from a non-photographic career) at 55, so I can do more picture taking and less picture talking.

how old are we?

32 and glad to see somebody else struggling to get accurate developing times for Delta 100 on a Jobo. Patrick - if you figure that one out, let me know!

how old are we?

Older than I've ever been, young as I'll ever be -- I guess that makes me 36 now. Started off drawing as a kid, began photographing about 14 or 15, got hooked on B&W at age 17 when I saw that first print develop in the dektol. Always had a darkroom since. Started shooting 35mm, moved onto 120 with a Mamiya TLR, then a Rollei SL66 for a few years. Wanted to move up to 4x5 since the early collge days, and started LF about 10 years ago with and old monorail 4x5 borrowed from the college. My first LF camera was an early Linhof 5x7, about 7 yrs ago. For a while, I tried to convince myself to be practical/simple and just shoot 4x5 in Readyloads, and dabbled in various formats between 2x3 - 8x10, but somehow keep getting drawn back to 5x7. Finally settled on the Canham MQC57 as the most reasonable compromise in a 5x7. Of course, the wife would be beyond ecstatic if I would stick with 35mm P&S only.

how old are we?

I'm hoping to be response #100. I never would have guessed there were 100 LF shooters that frequent this board (and I can think offhand of at least a handful that have not responded).

Anyway, I'm 32 -- trying to bring the average back down. I started LF about a year and a half ago when I read a newspaper article about a local photographer who does Pt/Pd printing and thought those prints were amazing. I quickly figured out what contact printing was and that contact printing 35mm really doesn't work. It's been a steep learning curve since and I still have yet to make a Pt/Pd print but I've found the rest of LF so rewarding not sure when I'll get there (if at all).

-Jen

Old School Wayne

how old are we?

going for the 100

I;m 42 but also lie a lot