Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Where to buy 120 film

Re: Where to buy 120 film

Quote Originally Posted by GPS View Post
    Provia 100 F. Since at least 3 weeks and still without knowing when available...
    Odd. I was asking because some Fuji films in some formats were just discontinued, but that wasn't one of them to my knowledge. Freestyle shows expected delivery for it sometime next week, so maybe a new shipment is on its way.

Sorry I wasn't more specific. I started using Fujichrome Velvia RVP 100 film. The earlier posts were very informative about the differences and benefits to various types of film. However since Velvia 100 seems to be a safe choice I'm going to stick with it so I have a constant variable to work with till I better hone my skills.
    Unfortunately that is the film that is out of stock at both BHphoto and Adorama.

Quote Originally Posted by Kona617 View Post
    Sorry I wasn't more specific. I started using Fujichrome Velvia RVP 100 film. The earlier posts were very informative about the differences and benefits to various types of film. However since Velvia 100 seems to be a safe choice I'm going to stick with it so I have a constant variable to work with till I better hone my skills.
    Unfortunately that is the film that is out of stock at both BHphoto and Adorama.
    Velvia 100 is in stock at B&H. And Velvia is not the easiest film for precise exposure - in that sense Provia is much better.

Unfortunately, despite all our efforts to keep as wide a range of film in stock as possible. right this minute the only 120 slide film with ISO at or near 100 that's in stock are these:
    Ektachrome E100G
    Ektachrome E100VS

Hopefully this situation will change for the better in the near future.

Quote Originally Posted by henryp View Post
    Unfortunately, despite all our efforts to keep as wide a range of film in stock as possible. right this minute the only 120 slide film with ISO at or near 100 that's in stock are these:
    Ektachrome E100G
    Ektachrome E100VS

Hopefully this situation will change for the better in the near future.
    As much as I love you, guys, presenting itself as "The Professional's Source" and getting into the situation when all 100 ASA Fuji slide 120 films are out of stock is a rather unprofessional situation. Hopefully soon after Rosh Hashanah the situation will become more professional... Still love you.

Quote Originally Posted by GPS View Post
    As much as I love you, guys, presenting itself as "The Professional's Source" and getting into the situation when all 100 ASA Fuji slide 120 films are out of stock is a rather unprofessional situation. Hopefully soon after Rosh Hashanah the situation will become more professional... Still love you. ;)
    Are you under the misapprehension this is the result of some laziness or ennui on our part? If so you are mistaken. We are eager to get and keep this in stock. We would have it today if it was available. We're "The Professional's Source" for a dozen reasons one of which is that we still inventory and stock large format films, something far too few retailer in our industry are willing to do today.

So what's the reason that the source got dry?

Format Omnivore Brian C. Miller's Avatar

GPS, you mean like besides the fact that the film market isn't what it once was, so the manufacturers aren't producing like they once did? Agfa is gone, many emulsions are gone, sizes are limited, etc., etc., and it's the retailer's fault? The market is what it is.

So, the reason is...?

El Pueblo de Nuestra Señora la Reina de los Ángeles de Porciúncula

Quote Originally Posted by Brian C. Miller View Post
    The market is what it is.
    AMEN.

Advise to OP - when you find a source, buy quickly and buy more than you think you'll need!