Thread: 4X5 neg film

4X5 neg film

I'm working on a new body of work "still life" in the studio. Shooting 4X5 neg (daylight). I hope to print the images 20X24. What is the sharpest neg. film ou t there with some snap? Kodak vs Fuji ?? thanks in advance Larry

4X5 neg film

Larry - Color or B&W???

4X5 neg film

I have had great results from Fuji NPS [iso 160] rated at ei 80 and processed normally. Prints have been made to 30x40 [duraflex] and there is no observable grain, and the color fidelity is outstanding .

4X5 neg film

Shoot Velvia and print on Fuji Super gloss Type R. Since you are working in the studio, you can (with practice) control your lighting contrast ratios to match the film to the limits of the paper.

4X5 neg film

thanks:Fuji shooters. Anyone tested Kodak portra 160vc---it supposedly replaces Kodak 4329?

4X5 neg film

I have tried 160NC. The results were nice, but it does not appear to have a true 160 rating. I talked to Kodak who informed me that the common 2/3 stop over-rating many photographers give to color negative films is built in to the 160 rating, but my negatives at 160 were too thin for my taste. 100 or 80 is a better rating for me.