Thread: ultimate lens panels?

ultimate lens panels?

At the risk of being chastised for supporting Ebony cameras !! I thought some o f you may be interested in learning that Ebony have now made available their ver y own lens panels! These are metal Linhof/Wista fit boards that have a thin vene er of ebony wood covering the front surface. They are intended to compliment th e ebony wood on the cameras but would fit any camera using this size panel. Gran ted some may see these as purely a "fashion accessory", but I must admit that th ey do "finish" the camera off!! They are supplied pre-drilled for Copal 0 and 1 size shutters, but I would imagine that they can be supplied as blanks?

ultimate lens panels?

I made some similar boards for my Wisner. I took .080 Aluminum stock from a hobby store, cut it to 5.25 square then I epoxied thin model airplane plywood to this and did a finish cut. After I loated centre I used a fly cutting bit in the drill press for the lense holes. I then stained the wood to match the camera and finished the wood with a urethane varnish, The hardest part was doing the internal baffle to keep the light out. This gave me a very strong and stable lense board to support the weight of the modern lenses. I made seveal at once because I allowed for a couple being ruined and also for future use. once I had the hole cutter set I made three with holes for No. 3 and then I reset and made two for the No. 1 shutter.