Page 11 of 44 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Reciprocity Timer 1.0

Re: Reciprocity Timer 1.0

I was wonder about the bellows draw feature.
    I really appreciate it and use it, but it falls a little short allowing only plus one stop. I ran out of calculations and had to dig up my homemade chart once it went beyond 1 stop.

Thanks for a great app!
    Allen

The bellows compensation is not limited to 1 f/stop.

Try a focal length of 30mm and a bellows extension of 600mm: the app tells you to apply a compensation of 8 2/3 stops.

What may be limiting, is the upper bound of 600mm. You're starting out with a long lens (410mm), and you have reached the upper bound.

An 8x10 camera with a 300mm normal lens, needs 600mm of extension just to reach 1:1 magnification.

An upper limit of 2000mm or greater might be overkill for most users, but it would put an end to requests to increase the number.

Thanks Ken. It's funny how it works. When I implemented the bellows extension feature I actually posted here for suggestions on an upper limit! 600mm seemed to be the suggestion (I have no experience with this because I shoot wide angle only).
    I can push up the limit easily but it is a trade off between using the slider and the limit.
    Would 1200mm work for most?

Hi Ken,

I was actually shooting people, with a 16.5 red dot, which I really like. It is razor sharp and a length I like for portraits. I know many prefer the 14", which allows 1 2/3 for 23.6 inches of draw.

The rail on my 8x10 camera is 30 inches (762mm) but if anyone adds a second standard to that (which I do once in a while), it can hit 1143mm.
    I really can't see myself ever going beyond that, but if the app went to outer limits, I could stop carrying my reference book.

I think beyond 1200, anyone can just drop the unit of measure altogether (mm/cm/inch, etc.)

After all, a 12mm lens at 24mm extension gets the same bellows compensation as a 1200mm lens extended to 2400mm - or a 12 inch lens extended to 24 inches.

It's the relationship between the two which matters, not the absolute unit of measure.

As soon as TMAX films are added, I'll buy it!

Quote Originally Posted by corgan4321 View Post
    As soon as TMAX films are added, I'll buy it!
    T400
    T100
    TMZ

Are supported.

I just bought it - let's see how it works. Thanks Boinzo!

Cheers, Steve

Alligator Counter

Boinzo,

I noticed the app store description does not mention the Efke films as currently supported by your well reviewed application. And I also note that you offer to include additional films when data is provided. I found a link for reciprocity failure and Efke films that can be readily translated if necessary from the German:

http://www.fotoimpex.de/Technik/efke...0/efke100.html

As large format Kodak films have become either essentially unavailable (e.g., Tmax 5x7) the Efke sheet film data should become more relevant to many of us. I hope this is useful...inclusion of Efke info in your app would be much appreciated.

Thanks much, Russ

Hi Russell.
    Thanks. The app does support efke film already. Although I think it is not adding the 6th of a stop at 1 sec to 2 secs. In any case efke 25 is a film I use a lot and have certainly made many long exposures timed with the app on efke!
    I am not at my desk ATM (away for the weekend). But I'll check exactly what math I am doing on efke and post it for you. If it needs some change I'll look into it.
    Thanks again for the post!