Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Midwest Portfolio Showing January 28, 2012

Re: Midwest Portfolio Showing January 28, 2012

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Ellis View Post
    The question about viewing in the FORUM was asked only because the OP said "Photos from our previous years "lockdowns" . . . can be found in the FORUM section on our website." And when I went there I didn't see any photos. So I asked. I understand the benefits of seeing original prints rather than on-line images.
    The "photos from our previous outing"" may mean candid photos taken during each presentation, rather than the actual mounted prints we all bring & show. Only a portion of the website is available to first time visitors. If you haven't already, you need to register (free) to get access to the whole site. Once registered you will have access to the candid photos of our previous print shows, along with the actual gallery, which is only used by a few photographers, but not all as John pointed out.

Rick

Only one week away from enjoying some great LF photography prints. Hope you're thinking about coming. Again, on Saturday, January 28th, we'll be at the Best Western Indian Oaks in Chesterton, Indiana in the big meeting room. We'll open the doors around 8 am & get started around 9 am. Lunch is dutch ($10) and will be catered in from a local restaurant.

Many folks arrive on Friday (and stay until Sunday) to explore the area & shoot (the Lake Michigan shoreline at the Indiana Dunes National Park is only a few miles away.) Friday night we are going out for a steak dinner....so far 10 people have said they were joining us. (If you planning on coming in on Friday & want to join us...let us know in the forum section at www.midwestlargeformat.com.)

Depending on the weather (lake effect snow is always a possibility in January), we expect between 15 to 20 portfolios. I know there will be prints from 4 X 5 & 5 X7, up to 8 X 20, 7 X 17, and 11 X 14 negatives, along with carbon prints. We are also planning a couple demonstrations on mixing your own chemistry and to view a new device built by a couple of our (asylum) inmates that agitates Jobo drums using computer programming.

This is our 5th year of viewing prints. Hope to see you there to help make it our best.

Rick Tapio

I'm planning on attending again. I've been to a few of these and they seem to get better every year. A great way to see a variety of excellent prints. Since we had our snow storm last night maybe next weekend will be clear.

I plan on attending this year! It'll be my first time to this event or any kind of portfolio viewing for that matter. Hoping to have some more darkroom time to finish all the carbon prints. x__x

Film loaded, prints mounted, car packed....off to Chesterton.....hope to see you there tomorrow.

Rick