Thread: Replacement for Cezanne ANR glass retaining plate

Replacement for Cezanne ANR glass retaining plate

Hi,

is anyone here using anti newton glass from Focal Point (http://fpointinc.com/glass.htm) as a replacement for the original Screen Cezanne 'transparent original retaining plate'? If so, which model glass did you order?

The original retaining plate is quite small. If I wanted to batch scan a large number of images, the scanning job would need to be interrupted often. A much larger ANR sheet almost covering the entire scanning bed would make life easier, would it not?

MD

Re: Replacement for Cezanne ANR glass retaining plate

I wouldn't do that, as the glass could easily scratch the acrylic bed. Try: http://www.plasticareinc.com/Merchan...uct_Code=I6889 . It was recommended to me by a screen tech. I'd get the 1/4 thick version. You can check other source for the P99 non-glare acrylic.
    “You often feel tired, not because you've done too much, but because you've done too little of what sparks a light in you.”
    ― Alexander Den Heijer, Nothing You Don't Already Know

You can make a number of smaller rectangular plates which works better when your trying to get the film positioned just so...

Or mixing large format with medium.

Bob

That is how the typical press shop does it if using plates.

Bob

Peter,

thanks a lot for the information! I'll look into ordering a sheet to cover the whole bed and also several rectangles, as per Bob's suggestion. This way, I can tackle large originals and a bunch of smaller ones easily.

As for masks, is there a material similar to what Screen is using that can be sourced fairly cheaply?

Thank you

MD

I don't know about the masks. Electrician's tape should work pretty well, but eventually it'd leave a residue. So I'd only do that if you aren't changing the masks often. (I have separate carriers for each film type with corresponding tape masks.) Otherwise you could use something like lighting gels* (such as Rosco filters) neutral density. *While these are called "gels", they're actually plastic.
    “You often feel tired, not because you've done too much, but because you've done too little of what sparks a light in you.”
    ― Alexander Den Heijer, Nothing You Don't Already Know