Page 316 of 655 FirstFirst ... 216266306314315316317318326366416 ... LastLast
Results 3,151 to 3,160 of 6546

Thread: Use of X-ray film: technical discussion with example images

Re: Images shot on X-ray film

Fascinating!

I agree. I opened the thread, and Whoa!
    “You often feel tired, not because you've done too much, but because you've done too little of what sparks a light in you.”
    ― Alexander Den Heijer, Nothing You Don't Already Know

Fuji super rx blue

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Untitled-2.jpg  

I have a question, if nobody minds me asking. I've lurked here for a long time, but have never had a reason to post...

After reading a large chunk of this thread, I'm still unsure on which film I want to buy. I never bothered with xray film in 4x5, since Arista Edu 100 is so cheap, but recently decided to play with 5x7, and my film options are far more limited and more expensive. Xray seems to be the budget hero. My plan is to buy 8x10 stock, cut it down, notch the sheets, and then strip the emulsion from the 'back' side. I'd probably just contact print the negs, since I only have a 4x5 enlarger.

What's a reliable go-to film/developer combination to start with? I was planning to dev with rodinal 1:100 in a print drum (hence stripping the back side off, since usually my negs stick to the inside of the drum). I was planning to buy either Fuji HR-T green, or Carestream's private label Kodak green product.

I discovered from this thread that ektascan is one sided: http://www.zzmedical.com/8x10-in-car...ideo-film.html Might cut the need for the stripping part out of your plan. I use rodinal 1:100 and pyrocat-hd 2:2:100 with the kodak green, but I use a slosher tray made from acrylic cut out with a laser cutter similar to the one that photo formulary has. Thanks, Will

Quote Originally Posted by Will S View Post
    I discovered from this thread that ektascan is one sided: http://www.zzmedical.com/8x10-in-car...ideo-film.html Might cut the need for the stripping part out of your plan. I use rodinal 1:100 and pyrocat-hd 2:2:100 with the kodak green, but I use a slosher tray made from acrylic cut out with a laser cutter similar to the one that photo formulary has. Thanks, Will
    Yes, I also reccomend Kodak's Carestream Ektascan as it is not only one sided, but has anti haloid backing. When you cut your film to fit your holders, just make a notch in the cutoff piece match the one left from the 8X10 sheet. Rodinal works very well, and so does D-23. I like a water bath rinse as well.

Images shot on X-ray film

I recommend getting an 8x10 camera so you don't have to cut anything but yea Ektascan in Rodinal is good, still haven't quite gotten it down yet.

Quote Originally Posted by premortho View Post
    Yes, I also reccomend Kodak's Carestream Ektascan as it is not only one sided, but has anti haloid backing. When you cut your film to fit your holders, just make a notch in the cutoff piece match the one left from the 8X10 sheet. Rodinal works very well, and so does D-23. I like a water bath rinse as well.
    Remember to keep the existing notch in the upper right corner when cutting. Then notch the other one the same way (emulsion side up, notch upper right corner.)

Re: X-ray Film example and comparison.

Hey all, I'm curious if anyone has travelled with X-Ray Film.

I have a box of Ektascan that I'd like to take with me when I move to S. Korea and then to a few other places when we do some travel.

Any chance I get away having my box hand-checked? I'm assuming that x-ray exposure is a big no-no...

Re: X-ray Film example and comparison.

Xray film isn't any more sensitive to X-rays than standard photographic film. The image on an xray film when used in medical imaging is formed by visible light from the fluorescent xray screen, not (or hardly at all) from direct xray exposure. So only the same issues apply when travelling with xray film as normal film.