Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: DIY 4x5" scanner back

Electron and ion microscopist

Re: DIY 4x5" scanner back

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Smith View Post
    Use the 555 circuit already suggested but instead of an LED, connect the output (pin 3) via a 10K resistor to the base of a transistor. Connect the rest of the transistor in place of the IR receiver. Run it from the scanner power supply.
    Great idea! I have just stated to play around with 555 IC (actually 556 but at the moment I'm only using one of the 555 halves).

I'll post as soon as I have a new scan image, but at the moment I have a lot to do at work so things a progressing slowly. I managed to remove the lens array and lighting though.

Keep all the good ideas coming.

Thanks!

Electron and ion microscopist

Re: DIY 4x5" scanner back

Here you can see the first sample image of the IRIScan back. I hope I can improve on this.

I just built a solder free test setup with flashing IR LED. I can adjust the frequency with the potentiometer. If I can figure out how to improve the image, it could be worth trying to get a more permanent setup with a transistor instead of IR LED, and using the batteries in the scanner.

I need to try different combinations of IR LED frequency and camera turning speed. Also try with "high" or "low" resolution with color mode or black and white mode.