Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: My second semi-nudes..........

Re: My second semi-nudes..........

MMELVIS: thank...that photo is my favorite

Joe/Alan: I actually just bought my first DSLR and will use it to help set up some shots. I keep tellign myself I should use the card; maybe I will soon

Again; very good feedback and it helps! It will be at least 2 weeks until I can take mor eof these but I would like to take one final round
    david

OK for the next assignment get her inebriated with whatever boosts her spirits, gets her running around and acting crazy - you stay sober - that will improve the photos more than any other photo technique.

Those fermented malt with caffeine and sugar drinks are excellent for this.

Bring a pillow for when she crashes.

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Petronio View Post
    OK for the next assignment get her inebriated with whatever boosts her spirits, gets her running around and acting crazy - you stay sober - that will improve the photos more than any other photo technique.

Not a good idea, Frank; too much temptation once the naked girl is helpless! That landed the former editor Shutterbug in jail and he's still there! What a sad story! That ruined his photography career and folks no longer can buy his adapters to allow old Zeiss lenses to work on Canon cameras!

Asher

Well they are engaged in this case ;-p And I know from sad experience why Sparks is called "a bar fight in a can".

Yeah the Bob Shell case is an amazingly bizarre and strange story. I think not calling an ambulance and continuing to photograph her dead body extends beyond the usual photographer-model relationship.

What was even stranger was the number of fine photographers who stuck up for Shell and even provided a top-notch, NYC-based legal defense. He even continued to invite, hire, and shoot with models in BDSM scenes while he was confined to his farm!

(Google "Bob Shell" if you want the story.)

Well they are engaged in this case ;-p And I know from sad experience why Sparks is called "a bar fight in a can".

Yeah the Bob Shell case is an amazingly bizarre and strange story. I think not calling an ambulance and continuing to photograph her dead body extends beyond the usual photographer-model relationship.

What was even stranger was the number of fine photographers who stuck up for Shell and even provided a top-notch, NYC-based legal defense. He even continued to invite, hire, and shoot with models in BDSM scenes while he was confined to his farm!

(Google "Bob Shell" if you want the story.)
    I must admit I was sorry for him. They conviscated his computer and all his cameras before the trial and that I think was over a year in which he couldn't work. They also screwed up and copied for themselves his glamor pictures. One is supposed to be innocent until proven guilty. I spoke to Learoyd who's work with nudes I admire. He pays models always. There are no favors either way and no socializing, just the work and they leave. I don't see any block to his creativity.

Temptation is always there and it's obvious now that Bob appears to have made a mistress out of his model which would be wrong. Worse he had her intoxicated! That's a risk for being exploitative and irresponsible.

A model out of one's lover/mistress/girlfriend/wife, however, can be fine!

Asher

As long as you approve Asher ;-p

As long as you approve Asher ;-p
    Everyone has their approach! The model must, somehow be comfortable for the work, or it's tough to get a picture, unless one is looking for hostility or ennui to show. I did photograph one girl with a lot of baggage and then customized the shoot around hostility.

I'm just happy to shoot a model that's sociable, sincere, sensitive, sober and sane and will do her best for the project. The good ones have a lot to contribute. I have not paid until now but intend to do so. I'm so impressed with Learoyd's approach. It's simple and honest; sees someone striking buying fruit and asks her to model, but pays her. She's there to do that job of posing and not there for socializing. Nothing else goes on.

Jock Sturgis, however, practically has his models grow up with him as their "family friend" and the relationship is long term and very comfortable. He claims to let them "be" and photographs what they do. He says he does not pose them, just observes. That's hard for me to believe, sometimes seeing his amazingly composed work.

Music is O.K. and food is important to be available, but alcohol is not a safe part of the set for all sorts of reasons unless she's already your lover! Then, of course, good luck to those who do have lovers to photograph! That's wonderful and convenient!

Asher

I am sober so that is not an issue....Lori on alcohol, malt and sugar? Think caged wombat on crack.

True quote for the second set: "If you dont hurry the f*** up with that big a** camera I am going to stick it up your a**)" I think a sober, more reserved Lori is the way to go. More reserved Lori is much like Fran Drescher on a 3 day meth binge
    david