Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Iqsmart users! Are there any?

Re: Iqsmart users! Are there any?

I'm buying refurbished as mentioned in the first post. My concern was not the claimed dpi or spi numbers (I heard pro flatbeds get really close to the claimed #) but how the details are there and you really get better or more detail with higher scanning resolution!
    From the link posted by eric t it gives me what I asked (I hope for more examples but it's ok)

Thanks to all

What critical parts have they changed to call it "refurbished"? Lamps?

Regards
    Al

PS. Thank you eric t for the link:
    http://trichromie.free.fr/trichromie.../03/02/ScanC41

If that IQSmart scans that way and costs "a heck amount of money" then I will never buy it.

I'm not sure exactly but I would think that a lot of times refurb units have actually been taking apart and cleaned. Work parts and scratched optics can and should be replaced. With creo scanners there are things that can be adjusted and re aligned in the calibration software.

I have seen eversmarts that are all over the board in terms of quality. This is due to possible hardware issues. A refurb unit should have been well checked to make sure everything is running optimally.

Anyway I've got a Creo scanner of my own as long as everything is running correctly you should be quite happy with an IQsmart 2. Additional resolution isn't required for large format, you might see an upgrade in 35mm when going up to the IQ 3 and supreme, but 4100 DPI is way higher then you can expect your large format lenses to produce at working apertures.

Quote Originally Posted by SURF View Post
    If that IQSmart scans that way and costs "a heck amount of money" then I will never buy it.
    Whats wrong with the scans? Perhaps the color and tones could have been set better but thats the operator.

Quote Originally Posted by 8x10 user View Post
    Whats wrong with the scans? Perhaps the color and tones could have been set better but thats the operator.
    Those IQSmart scans were way oversharpened, you're getting pepper grain.

I thought it was over sharpened (very noisy for LF film)! But there is work around while obtaining raw scan. Then use USM in ps.

Quote Originally Posted by 8x10 user View Post
    I see the problem not in the color or oversharpening. It's in the other field and it is not small on my scale. I have not decided to tell or not about what it is but I see it. Sorry for that. May be it is not important to many but not for me.

Surf,

You have my attention and curiosity. Exactly what is it that you see,that you are not happy with? Please educate us if we should know something that disturb you. I want like to know.

Evan

Quote Originally Posted by SURF View Post
    I see the problem not in the color or oversharpening. It's in the other field and it is not small on my scale. I have not decided to tell or not about what it is but I see it. Sorry for that. May be it is not important to many but not for me.

I have an IQ 2 and I think the scans are spectacular. I learned early on that you should apply a small amount of sharpening during the scan. I know that is contrary to the way you scan with a consumer grade scanner. I do final sharpening in PS prior to print.

I scan 8x10 transparency for the most part.

www.timeandlight.com

Quote Originally Posted by Evanjoe610 View Post
    Surf,

You have my attention and curiosity. Exactly what is it that you see,that you are not happy with? Please educate us if we should know something that disturb you. I want like to know.

Evan
    I have opened new thread about it.
    http://www.largeformatphotography.in...ad.php?t=79256