Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How come "New Posts" and "Unified View" produce different results?

Re: How come "New Posts" and "Unified View" produce different results?

Sal your kidding right?! As a web developer I am sick and tired of having to include all kinds of hacks to get around IE's lack of standards compliance.
    Eric Rose
    www.ericrose.com

I don't play the piano, I don't have a beard and I listen to AC/DC in the darkroom. I have no hope as a photographer.

Quote Originally Posted by Sal Santamaura View Post
    Has Tom already established that the IE9 incompatibility results from a Microsoft "mistake?"
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric Rose View Post
    Sal your [sic] kidding right?! As a web developer I am sick and tired of having to include all kinds of hacks to get around IE's lack of standards compliance.
    No, I'm not kidding. In this thread

http://www.largeformatphotography.in...ad.php?t=73597

there's substantial disagreement (between those who claim to know) about whether IE9 is or isn't standards-compliant. I have absolutely no expertise in this area, so asked the question.

Tom Westbrook is apparently the person who would make a determination whether the issue results from an IE9 deficiency, a shortfall in the version of vBulletin being run here or a combination of the two. Tom seems to be the person who would then decide whether to make any changes to this site's code as a result. I've heard all the peanut gallery's comments and now await Tom's answer.

I was having the same problem, but clearing the temp internet files via Internet Options in Settings fixed it. Try that and see if it helps.

there's substantial disagreement (between those who claim to know) about whether IE9 is or isn't standards-compliant. I have absolutely no expertise in this area, so asked the question.
    Sal, μ$oft has a long history of selling non-compliant products in an attempt to force consumers to user their product line in its entirety.

This goes back to their development tools, which generate proprietary software by default, and require much convoluted work to produce generic standards-compliant output.

- Leigh

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Westbrook View Post
    I was having the same problem, but clearing the temp internet files via Internet Options in Settings fixed it. Try that and see if it helps.
    Tom, that's not a permanent or acceptable repeatedly-required fix. Please see this post

http://www.largeformatphotography.in...89&postcount=4

and the thread it links to. Various people have the problem with other browsers and, like me, only with this site. I frequent other forums that use later versions of vBulletin with no such issue. Thus my question in the above post:
    Any idea if/when the QA team will be addressing this vBulletin version's incompatibility with IE9, either by migrating to a later release or patching the code? Unified View and New Posts only occasionally work in IE9...