Thread: Schneider 100 5.6 Apo on MPP

Schneider 100 5.6 Apo on MPP

I was wondering whether anyone had come across or used one of these lenses before and also whether it is likely to fit on to an MPP with a normal (as oposed to coned) lens board.

I am currently using a 135mm and want something wider but am slightly concerned about a 90mm as I am not sure I will be able to locate a lensboard for it.

Thanks for any help you are able to give.

Stefan

Re: Schneider 100 5.6 Apo on MPP

That lens will not cover 4x5. Even if it did, it would not be any easier to use on your MPP since it is a plasmat design which has shorter back focal length than wide angle designs. Focused at infinity, a Symmar-S 100/5.6 is 85mm from the film, while a Super Angulon 90/8 is 90mm from the film.

Using wide lenses on a MPP Micro Technical can be tricky. I think your best bet, if you want something easily used and can live without movements, is a Angulon 90/6.8 on the cone board.

Excellent thanks! I have seen cheapish angulons. I thought it was strange that I could not find anything about it, but it was listed as a large fomat lens on the site I was looking at.

Stefan

Officially it does not cover anyway, but it might put (fuzzy) light in the corners of 4x5 at small apertures. It is made for use with medium format cameras/backs.

Angulon 90/6.8 are usually pretty cheap and is what the MPP is designed for, with luck you can find a cone board, lens and rangefinder cam as a set.

I have a 90mm Angulon 6.8 mounted on my MPP VII using a cone panel. It covers 4x5 stopped down to f/22 and it's damn sharp. As for cone boards there are a few panels for sale on eBay.co.uk now if you fancy a look, just do a search and they're sure to come up.

Excellent, I have seen an angulon and will pick up one of the boards from ebay. Glad to hear it's a decent lens, though I have heard that there may be some sample variations. Hopefully mine with not be too bad!