Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: website critique (and links!) wanted

website critique (and links!) wanted

After a couple of years of thinking and rethinking, visions and revisions, http://www.ellisvener.com is up and operating. Please take a look and let me know how it runs on your machines and of any problems you have with lookingat he site -- but let me knowwhich version of which browser and which OS you are using.

if you have any comment about any of the images please feel free to comment about those as well.

Thank you for your time and efforts.

Ellis..

Very nice looking website. Easy to navigate and works just fine on the browsers I have loaded on this machine, which is a Windows 2000 with IE6 and N6.2 and cable.

Images are clear and download nice and fast. Well done.

Nigel.

Ellis, I really like the site. My favorite image is of the glass sphere in the hand.

I tested it using Netscape 4.7 & 6.0 on Windows 2000 Professional. I've found that if I can get things to work in 4.7 that it will run on just about anything.

My only comments are that I don't like the popup (as was said on photo.net), when the large page comes up the photo has a blue border around it (set border="0"), and when I'm in a gallery there are the six blue boxes at the bottom that will take you back to the image gallery, but you don't know that until you hover over them. Consider putting the "gallery" text on there full time and maybe changing colors on rollover.

I do think it is incredibly easy to navigate and you have some great images. I particularly like your "why should you work with me".

Very nice Ellis...simple, fast, and outstanding photographs. I'm running Internet Explorer on Windows 98. I feel like I know you a little better after visiting your site.

Ellis,

I had a look at your site a few days ago when you posted the link in a response and intended to compliment you but then I changed operating system, lost stuff and forgot.

The site runs well on my Imac with Mac OS 9.1, IE 5.1, internal modem and phone line.

Your work is of a consistently high standard as many are likely to express; I would like to say, however, that your editing and sequencing are spot on and must have taken a long time. The effect of this curatorial effort may be subtle but quietly marks the difference between a good site and a great site.

Congratulations,

Walter

Ellis...

Very clean looking site. Outstanding whow of your works...very easy to navigate thru. No prob at all on a G4 / 0S 9.1 and Netscape 4.73... Congratulations....

Hi Ellis,

I enjoyed visiting your site and congratualtions on designing and implementing a easily navigated and interesting site. I looked at it with IE v5.01 and Netscape v4.6 on a Mac G3/56k internal modem and on OS 8.6 with a very poor phone line connection. The images loaded quickly and there were no broken links or any other problems.

Colours tones and contrast of images were as I would expect and looked excellent on my 19" La Cie monitor and on my Apple multiscan 17". The windows resized well on both monitors.

I liked your choice of colours and the overall impression is of a clean, professional, well-designed and easily navigated site.

Good luck with it and I hope it drags in the punters.

-- Don't squat with your spurs on!

Kind regards

Ellis, you site looks and runs great in iCab on my Mac.

Much of the credit (most ofthe credit for the look and feel of the website is due to charles irvine. he can be reached at TXVR.com. If you are interested in working with someone who is really great (and easy) to work with drop him a line.

Hello Ellis,