Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: My first semi nudes.....

Re: My first semi nudes.....

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Gordon View Post
    You said it first: not bad, not great either.

*Those* shorts are distracting and unattractive, IMO. That looks like really great body art and I'd like to see more of it/her and less of the surroundings.

I could care less about categorization, but how are these semi-nude?

Not sure what else to call them....1/2 clothed = semi nude?

I agree with all your points. The shorts were really due to the public location of the shots.
    david

I really like the first one; is a fantastic shot.

I don't think pants are distracting, but, IMO, darker pants with different tone than model's skin would make a more attractive image.

I like the first one as well, and think the shorts look fine. The lines and wrinkles add interesting shadows. It would be interesting to shoot it again with a shallow depth of field. I suspect the tattoos would blend in more with the blurred background giving a sort of chameleon effect, but I think I would prefer this; sharp and sharp.

Well done...

Thanks Tim....you might be right on the OOF background. We have already discussed redoing this next Sat am.

Domingo...The shorts comment is very valid. While I think this color worked OK I can see where a darker color would add a much needed level of contrast. My thought is to try black shorts and set them to zone 2 and see what happens.

And Tim.... I am assuming the lines and wrinkles refer to the shorts not to the model
    david

Maybe this is just me, but I found the shoes really out of place in the setting and with the casual looking shorts. Barefeet? flip flops? hiking boots?

again-----

hohny bastad's

the tats are extreme and distract

sorry dude---call it like I see it

get a girly w/no tats to distract

or just give up the nude thing...it goes nowhere...trust me....unless you wanna get laid...then don't bother bothering....just shoot and show to her and say hey lookie here...post on flicker or someothe....

I just showed your images to my wife, her suggestion was for the model to put on black seam stockings, heels, and a short black skirt.
    Real cameras are measured in inches...
    Not pixels.

www.photocollective.org

UN

BELIEV

AB

LE

what I said

Quote Originally Posted by johnielvis View Post
    again-----

I think the tattoos make these. They would be totally different photos without them. I like the way they almost make her look clothed, until one looks more closely.

I also like the shoes, as they do appear a bit out of place in a way that works artistically, and the urban graffiti. I think I would agree about the seamed stockings going a further step in the same direction, but can't be sure. It'd be worth a try.

Not sure about darker shorts but it's also an idea worth a try.

I had to show these to my girlfriend who has a fair number of tattoos (nowhere near that many or that large an area though) and often admires urban graffiti if it's artistic, which I don't find this to be. If I had one suggestion for doing more of these it would actually be "find better, more artistic graffiti."

I like the plants encroaching on the left of the frame in the last one and the right in the first one. It adds an element of the wild reclaiming formerly humanized but now abandoned space.

Is the atl in your forum handle derived from Atlanta? That does look like some areas around here.

Quote Originally Posted by johnielvis View Post
    again-----

hohny bastad's

or just give up the nude thing...it goes nowhere...trust me....unless you wanna get laid...then don't bother bothering....just shoot and show to her and say hey lookie here...post on flicker or someothe....

John you are tough!

I have no plans to be any sort of nude photographer! The honest truth is that my GF has modeled in the past and has been on my ass for never taking any pictures of her or even working on portraits.

I assigned myself the task of trying to take some portraits and trying to learn from the process...the goal is to learn and to try to intergrate portraits into my overall style; what there is of it

I can agree with you that in a very traditional setting the tats might distract but the tats, in this case, are the core of the photo and the goal was to work the tats against the grafitti.

How is the Linhof treating you?
    david