Quote Originally Posted by gbunton View Post
Johnnielivs might be the only guy on here I respect and I've never seen his work, but I can tell from his comments he gets it. Personally I would approach the shoot differently. A body that is inked as much as hers should be the point of focus, the problem is and it's widespread on this forum, most photographers are not able to concept the shoot before they set up a camera. I come from a commercial background so I story board almost any shoot like this. Draw your lighting, research time of day, and I don't mean strobes.
Think of it like this, 355mm Ektar an Avadon favorite lens, move in close crop her at the bottom of her waist, two three feet from the background of the train, put a simple PVC flag above her and drop the background two stops, simple fill card in front create tension by your lighting, much Like frank does on here. You are on to a nice shot it just needs to be worked. I respect you for posting it and these forums should be a format for sharing ideas. Some day I'll post a a few pics and see what everyone thinks. good luck with this it can be a great photo.
I appreciate your point and agree with much of it. Check out this weeks examples for some mild improvement.

I do not so much agree with knowing what the shot will be nor do I have a very solid concept of it. This next round will be the last of this series as it will become more of a formula than a photo.

My background is sculpture; I see myself building on photos and building skills as I look at my work. I see every photo I take as practice.