Thread: Unified view not working for me

Unified view not working for me

I was able to click on Unified View and get all the new posts in all except Community. Now I can't. I get "sorry no mathes" What happened???

Re: Unified view not working for me

Are you now running Internet Explorer 9 (IE9)? It's a known problem with that browser and -- for me and others -- only this site. See this thread:

http://www.largeformatphotography.in...ad.php?t=73597

I've not heard anything yet concerning largeformatphotography.info's approach to dealing with the issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Sal Santamaura View Post
    Are you now running Internet Explorer 9 (IE9)? It's a known problem with that browser and -- for me and others -- only this site. See this thread:

http://www.largeformatphotography.in...ad.php?t=73597

I've not heard anything yet concerning largeformatphotography.info's approach to dealing with the issue.
    Upgrades are decided between Tom, who is on vacation, and Q.T. As far as I know, however, I don't think we're planning anything at this point. As far as I know, IE9 is the only browser that is problematic.

falth j

When I installed the 64-bit version of the windows browser, I had the same problems with this LF site.

I un-installed the 64-bit version, and re-installed the 32-bit version, and everything once again worked as it should.

Hmmm. I sometimes (about once a week) get the 'no matches' message, and I'm using Safari. Doesn't show up when I switch to Firefox. I can usually get around it by opening a specific forum, looking through it, and the going back to unified view. I would have guessed that it was Safari-related, but I guess not.

I get the same with Safari on the Mac. I presume it's something int the implementation of the WebKit rendering engine, since I've seen it with Chrome browser also, and Google uses Apple's open-source rendering engine. It's probably more secure, but can be a PITA on this site.

Firefox also does a better job when you visit an attached thumbnail and then return to the page: you go right back to where you were, the same thread. With Safari, the entire page is re-loaded first, including every image file. Again, that approach may be more secure (or something), but it takes forever on pages that contain many images.

I always use Firefox to browse this site. I made it the default home page for the browser. For all the rest, I use Safari.

Loaded Firefox and it works. Thanks to all.